Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Han
Participant

Unable to delete the gateway objects in R80.10

I created some gateways and then found out they were duplicated with the imported ones. The "delete" is grayed out When I tried to delete those gateways I created. The imported gateways seems normal. 

Does anyone else has the same issue while trying to delete the gateway objects?

Thanks,

Jessica

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

hi Jessica

simple solution would be to restart fwm (management) process and try to push the policy to the "working gw".

when done, try to remove the obsolete (orphaned) objects once not needed.

it is only a little glitch with postgreSQL DB on SMS/MGMT server I guess but once the gw object is created the topology should be created as well otherwise it isn't fully boarded into the DB.

hope it helps. otherwise please ask https://community.checkpoint.com/people/a5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b - Tomer will help Smiley Happy 

Jerry
0 Kudos
Jessica_Han
Participant

Hi Jerry, 

It is still a new server so I have no gateway attached for pushing policy yet.  I went to Checkpoint support and was advised to install from scratch. I was told by him the database is corrupt. 

I was using the Phython api scripts to import the policy package. 

Will update if anything new. 

Thanks, 

Jessica 

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may be able to remove it from the API/CLI.

Try to list the gateways with show simple-gateways to see if it's there and use the delete simple-gateway command on the relevant gateway (by name or UID).

0 Kudos
Jessica_Han
Participant

Thanks Dameon. I have been thinking to use API, however, with the indication from Checkpoint support, there might be a corrupt database. We tried the GuiDBedit and it shows the object is used by another session( which is not).

I actually created a new server from scratch trying to import the policy one more time.  

Will update...

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I know there is way to "kick" that hidden opened session via some SQL query... Did it once and it helped. Will search for it later today.

By the way, what Jumbo you have installed ? Try the latest, maybe it can help.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Jessica_Han
Participant

Looking forward to the "kick away"...

Yes it was the latest, take 169 I think? Unluckily, didn't work.

Sigbjorn
Advisor
Advisor

I just had an issue like this on R80.30. Delete greyed out on a gateway object that i had removed from and deleted the associated policies.

No lock icon on the gateway icon, but did a search and found this post, decided to try the API, but when i ran show simple-gateways to get the UID I saw it was locked.

meta-info:
lock: "locked by other session"

I just went to the Sessions in SmartConsole and discarded all users who had any locks, after that I could delete the gateway as expected from the smartconsole. 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events