Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mason_Bourdeau
Participant

Top Bandwidth Applications graphed over time?

I'm trying to find a good report/view/chart to graph top bandwidth utilization applications over time.  I can find this view but it's only cumulative for the specified time period, not graphed over time.  So rather than just a list of the top applications and their total usage over, for example, 30 days, I need to see a graph of the traffic.  For example we have an application that uses a ton of bandwidth, but it should ONLY be doing so after hours.  The High Bandwidth Applications view doesn't reveal the bandwidth usage patterns...

12 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You wanting to see that, at hour X that application Y is using Z bytes of data, is that correct?

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/dados1c5b14ae-3a0e-30b3-8774-7305f45a41dc‌?

Mason_Bourdeau
Participant

That's exactly what I'm looking for, a historical graph of data usage per application over a a designated time period, rather than just the total usage by that application over a designated time period.

0 Kudos
Kfir_Dadosh
Collaborator

Something like this?

Create a time line widget and use the below settings:

To get more applications, increase the limit parameter.

D_W
Advisor

Do you use SmartEvent for this? Is this also possible with R77.30?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

This is SmartEvent R80.10.

0 Kudos
David_Herselman
Advisor

I don't appear to have 'Application Name' available as the Series:

application_name_missing.jpg

We have two access policies where all rules are set to 'Log' in the 'Network' policy and all rules are set to 'Extended Logging' in the 'Application' policy:

image.png

Logs record Application Names:

image.png

This is on a MDS R80.30, recently upgraded from R80.10 and a newly deployed R80.30 non-MDS installation.

0 Kudos
Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

I'm trying to do this just to have a view of the internet data per day. The results are not correct. Does this require accounting to be active on the logging of the rules? 

The clients would like a report of bandwith usage per day per gateway.

Jeff_Gao
Advisor

Yeah,the results are not correct. even though you select accounting in policy.securexl traffic can not be count,so the results are not correct.
Steve_Vandegaer
Contributor

Even with the recent change in secureXL?

Jeff_Gao
Advisor

I think unless you close securexl
cstankard
Explorer

Hi guys,

This is useful info as we have a client that wants to find out about their bandwidth usage before/during this whole COVID crisis.

I was able to create the widget but the query seems to fail, and say it has no data (see screenshot). Am I doing something wrong with how I am logging or missing something? I am trying to create this custom report to be relevant in network Bandwidth usage, not just application bandwidth usage.

Wanted to see if other people are having this same issue.

Let me know. Thanks

-C

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Change the "Ordered by" field from "Total Bytes (Sum)" to "Traffic Total Bytes (Sum)".

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events