I'm writing this post to ask for a question related to System Alerts and Thresholds. In details I'd like to understand when/how these alerts are triggered.
1. I enabled these thresholds (SmartView Monitor > Global Threshold Settings) to send mail alerts at certain conditions:
- CPU usage > more than 90%
- Status connection > not connected
- Synchronization state > equal not synchronized
2. I changed the command line script Run mail alert script (SmatConsole > Global properties > Log and Alert > Alert) to send mail to internal SMTP server:
3. These are time settings (SmatConsole > Global properties > Log and Alert > Time Settings) ?
Now the questions.
- Firs of all, isn't necessary to "install policy" after the configuration above has been changed, right ?
- Focusing to the first threshold CPU usage, I'd like to know/understand the behavior behind alert triggering.
If I set this threshold to the lower value 5%, when the alert will be triggered ? Every time the CPU usage, from a value lower or equal to 5%, passes to a value greater than 5% ?
- Does the alert triggering also depend on fetching interval (point 3 above) ?
Does anyone have more information about it ?