cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snet_SUPPORT
Explorer

Snapshot won't launch, RAID error

Hi everyone, 

I planned an upgrade to R80.40 and latest hotfix on my Checkpoint logging server, which is in R80.10 Take 465 Jumbo Hotfix 121. The Checkpoint Logging server is hosted on an IBM x3550 m4 device. 

Before the upgrade, I tried to perform a snapshot via the Gaia GUI in Snapshot Management. A loading was displayed but didn't disappear, the snapshot never launched. As I wasn't able to see the snapshot, I tried to launch it a second time in GUI but it wasn't possible saying that the snapshot is already ongoing, same behavior in CLI.

I decided to reboot the device, when checking via the IMM, it remained in "Booting OS" for several hours.

I tried again to launch a snapshot in the Gaia GUI but same behavior.

When checking on the /var/log/messages, I noticed that I couldn't see any relevant logs showing that the process for snapshot was launched and ongoing (see attachment)  

NB: RAID errors (starting at line 9) in logs file 1 was already present before starting the snapshot. I am not sure there is a link here.

NB2 : I added a second log file (2) concerning the snapshot AFTER reboot, where I can see that the server try to start the process but it looks like failing again and again... 

Many thanks in advance for your help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Which RAID do you have on that server?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

According to sk159852, raid errors you are seeing in the log are okay, as the diagnostics tool is not supported on open servers, so the raid check fails.

For the snapshot, it might take lots of time making it. How long did you wait?

For better diagnostics, start snapshot from the CLI, then continuously run "show snapshots" (from bash to watch clish -c 'shoe snapshots'), and also check processes with top from another SSH session. 

That will give us more info about the actual process.

0 Kudos
snet_SUPPORT
Explorer

Hi, 

I was unable to launch a snapshot even from the CLI. But I finally found that tmp files wasn't deleted. So I wasn't able to launch a new snapshot. Cleaning these files solved the issue. 

It was not linked to the RAID even if these errors keep appearing in my log files. 

Thanks for your help 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events