Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Won
Contributor

Smartevent upgraded to R80.10: Now how do I exclude alerts?

Upgraded our Smart Event server yesterday from R77.30 to R80.10.

Lost all of our config unfortunately so now I have to put all of our exclusions in and whatnot.

The problem is that in the old version I could just select an alert from the Smartevent client and then say to exclude or create an exceptioon.

I can't find this anywhere int he new version. I found where to click to bring up the event policy editor but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to click on the alert and change it. Having to manually enter in all of the details is a step backward from where we were at.

2nd question. What happened to the ticketing system. I used to close out events from my timeline by closing the ticket. That way the other sysadmins would know it's taken care of. I can't find this functionality anywhere.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The ticketing system was not brought forward into R80.x, but I believe we plan to add it back in later releases.
0 Kudos
David_Won
Contributor

Seem to be losing a lot of needed features lately. What would be a normal workflow now. Used to get alerts, investigate and then mark as closed at which point the alert would not be on the screen anymore. Now what. Just investigate and then keep a paper trail for the other admins so that they don't waste their time investigating the same alerts again? Between this and the inability to edit users in groups I'm ready to go back to R77.30 😉
0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

1. We work very hard to avoid loss of functionality - In R80 we redeveloped large part of the UI so some parts were lost and we returned most of them by R80.30 

2.  Some functionality that was not added again, remained supported by Legacy UI until replaced. Check the legacy UI to update the events properties. 

3. We close the gaps by business priority so you can influence us by working with our sales to stress the case. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events