Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

SmartConsole silent installation ends up in 64bit folder and crashes in certain circumstances

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to deploy SmartConsole silently on Citrix WTS (running Windows 2016 standard)

We used SmartConsole.exe /s from command line but the problem is that installation ends up in 64bit program file folder

image.png

whereas if we install manually, it normally shows in 32bit folder:

image.png

This seems to cause problems when running SmartConsle - i.e. opening Networking tab on cluster object will cause SmartConsole to crash.

We followed SmartConsole default instructions so it might be that Windows OS settings are preventing correct installation

image.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Kaspars_Zibarts What version is the SmartConsole? Just out of curiosity, have you tried the same with the executable downloadable from Gaia portal, instead of one from SK? Those should be identical, but perhaps not, if the versioning for CPUSE is automatic, whereas the link for the one used in SK may be modified manually.

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

It's R80.40 B424. No, we did not try to downdload from the GW but I'm 100% it would be the same executable 🙂

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I can confirm that the installation defaults to ProgramFiles on S2019, but have no 80.40 to check the crash. That said, you have mentioned that it is WTS environment, can you tell me if there is sufficient amount of video RAM being allocated to the session?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events