cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

SmartConsole scaling issues

I am experiencing SmartConsole scaling issues. It's been here since original R80.10 and all of the iterations of the updates through T-70.

Sometimes, it jumps to full screen superimposing itself on top of the taskbar until some action is complete and then collapsing to normal size.

Additionally, some of the fields in the console in 1920x1080 on Windows 7 are not really legible, due to their size.

I.e. in "Logs and Monitoring" Smartview" and other options on the bottom left are so tiny, I need a magnifying glass to see them on 15" laptop monitor.

Most of the time I am working on Windows 10, 15" laptop with 4K capable screen running at 1920X1080 at 100% scaling.

Have anyone else experienced same issues?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I see the jump to full screen every day, I run Smartconsole in a RDP session and anytime you reopen the RDP session it goes back to fullscreen again and on a 4K screen at normal resolution, that is very annoying I can tell you and no, I do not see it jump back to nomal.

For the legibility I would recommend getting some good computer glasses, been there done that.

Regards, Maarten.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Maarten, if your computer does not have the same DPI scaling as the computer you're connecting to, then this could lead to the tininess of the content. I think that this is a Microsoft thing - https://blog.brankovucinec.com/2016/03/19/fix-remote-desktop-dpi-scaling-issues/ 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Vladimir, I will appreciate if you could open a ticket for this. Are you saying you have 2 problems?

1. Sometimes SmartConsole jumps to full screen superimposing itself on top of the taskbar until some action is complete and then collapsing to normal size. [I'm assuming this is Windows 10?]

2.  Options in the bottom at Logs & Monitor (do you mean the "external apps" on the left sidebar?) are too small comparing to the rest of the application fonts, 1920x1080 on Windows 7

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Hi Tomer.

Yes, two problems are as described, except the "jumping to full screen" is observed on Windows 10 x64 Pro with dual graphics cards and the incorrect font scaling in the  "Logs and Monitor" while noticeable in Windows 10, but is still readable (barely) with the naked eye:

Scaled to reflect actual size rendered on 15" Dell Precision 5510 4K monitor running at 1920 x 1080 at 100%

It was really nasty in Windows 7 on 15" HP laptop, where the fonts in the red frame looked even smaller.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Looks like your first picture next to "naked eye" didn't come through, can you post it again?

It's better to open one separated ticket for each issue. But the missing screenshot  for Logs and Monitor is interesting to me now so I will appreciate if you post it here as well

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Sorry, it was meant to be a single picture. I've just edited that post to reflect that. Try to re-visit the post to see if it looks different. 

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

OK, I see your point, thanks - so please make sure you have 2 SR's for those. I already alerted my peers

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

For Windows 10 jumping issue: Your Service Request Number is: 3-0075961671

For Windows 7 legibility issues: Your Service Request Number is: 3-0075961721

Thanks for looking into it!

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Tomer,

I am having issues with these SRs, as the email associated with my checkpoint account belongs to VAR that do not themselves carry any up to date service contracts. Can you see if you can push those through?

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events