Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor
Jump to solution

SmartConsole object problem on Windows 1903

Hello everyone,

I formatted my computer Windows 10 1903 version and install latest SmartConsole R80.10 and R80.20 . I found a cosmetics bug. This bug in object panel and object explorer. Item name dubliated or wrong display. Otherwise description true in object explorer. Clicked object and i saw true value. Problem not just in hosts. Service, application category etc. same problem. My computer language and regional setting English, my friends computer language and regional setting Turkish, He has same problem.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm uploading screenshots. Does anyone else have this problem?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #137) for R80.10 is out with fix for the .NET Framework 4.8 issue:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/A-new-GA-SmartConsole-Build-137-for-R80-10-is-ava...

For all details -Please refer to sk119612.

Have a great day

Tal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Zaac
Explorer

New fixed Smart Console R 80.30 is out and for us it seems to be working / the described bug is fixed: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

thanks !

mv

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

A new SmartConsole with the fix was released ( Build #67) with the fix 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/SmartConsole-R80-20-GA-Build-067-now-available/m-... 

Thanks 

Release Management Group

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi 

Windows 10 Build 1903 uses the new Microsoft .NET 4.8 Framework, which is what is responsible for this sudden issue.

We have also just learned of this issue and are working on resolving it. I will update once I have additional information.

Thanks 

Tal

Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

Hi Tal,

Thanks for information.

Jonne_Hannon
Contributor

Hi all,

We are also having issues on Windows 10 build 1809 with KB4486153 installed.  Uninstalling KB4486153 reverts to .Net 4.7 and is a workaround at least on build 1809.  I raised a case with TAC and they have just notified me today that they been able to re-produce the issues I have reported.  I mainly notice issues in the Gateway view when the Gateway list is larger than the window size and the Install Policy window when the policy list is larger than the window size.  When you scroll down to view Gateways at the bottom of the list, you get details for a different gateway.  Also editing the Gateway shows properties for a different Gateway.  In the Install Policy window, if you scroll down and select a policy towards the bottom of the list you get a different policy to the policy selected.

Thanks,

Jonne.

Jesse
Contributor

We are having these same issues on Windows 2012 R2. I believe it is .NET 4.5, whatever the latest available is for that OS.

Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

It must be a recent find as I had the issue with R80.30 last week where everything was messed up, policy target installations would differ, unrelated objects would appear as cluster member in the gateways and systems view and so on.

After a few uninstall/install of the console I opened a TAC case where there was insistence it was a problem with my PC. R80.20 console works without any issues though.

syeda
Employee
Employee

Hello Tal,

Do you have any update on this? You require any logs, please let me know. The customer has created a service request.

Syed Abdulla
Technical Support Engineer

Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Hi,

We experienced too some more problems while viewing the rulebase. If you scroll down or up, the lines of the rules are mixed and not shown correctly.

Are the any news for that problems with Windows 10 1903 ?

Wolfgang

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

UPDATE:

A new SmartConsole build that fixes the above issues, should be available by the middle of next week. 

I will publish the exact information (build number and link) when it is public.

Tal

0 Kudos
Jesse
Contributor

Will this include a new build for R80.20.M2 SmartConsole?

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

First stage will be for R80.10,

Still do not know when it will be released for R80.20 / M2.

Tal

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

The fix for R80.20 SmartConsole will be available during mid August.

Tal

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Are you also checking R80.30?
Believe it also has the issue as I saw some odd display issues last week.
0 Kudos
Kenneth_Greger1
Contributor

We are running R80.30 SmartConsole, and I can absolutly confirm that the behaviour is very odd.
Dialog boxes doesn't always work properly, pickers does not work properly and even when opening rulebase X you end up with rulebase Y. 

Expecting a date for a fix very soon, and not just "sometime in August".
Windows 10 1903 was released in May...

/Kenneth

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

A new GA SmartConsole (Build #137) for R80.10 is out with fix for the .NET Framework 4.8 issue:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/A-new-GA-SmartConsole-Build-137-for-R80-10-is-ava...

For all details -Please refer to sk119612.

Have a great day

Tal

0 Kudos
Feridun_ÖZTOK
Contributor

Hi Tal,

The problem seems to have improved. I hope the new console will come as soon as R80.20 and R80.30

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor
Do you have information on release dates for other versions (R80.20 GA/M2/M1, R80.30)?

Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi

This is the answer I got from our Release Management:

R80.30  & R80.20 JHFs will be released during Aug.

R80.20 JHF is not supported on M1/M2 and you should ask for a private hotfix for these releases.

Tal

0 Kudos
Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi, 

Thank you all for your comments . 

Indeed like Tal mentioned - we are working on a new SmartConsle  and push to release it as soon as possible

Ballpark ETA is mid of Aug.

Yifat

Release Manager 

0 Kudos
Zaac
Explorer

Hello there,

It`s funny talking about this bug as "cosmetic". The Win10 1903 with .NET 4.8 rendered our R 80.30 consoles useless. That`s because when listing the objects through Object explorer will show the objects,, but with scrambled names in the fashion that when I open object ( works for every type of objects I`ve tried ) called f.e. "Ian" it opens object called "Mary" . That`s definitely not cosmetic 🙂

Please hurry with the fix, we are worried, that Microsoft won`t repair their .Net 4.8 any time soon

mv

0 Kudos
Zaac
Explorer

New fixed Smart Console R 80.30 is out and for us it seems to be working / the described bug is fixed: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

thanks !

mv

Yifat_Chen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

A new SmartConsole with the fix was released ( Build #67) with the fix 

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/SmartConsole-R80-20-GA-Build-067-now-available/m-... 

Thanks 

Release Management Group

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events