Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_P
Advisor

SmartConsole Rule Logs - Display Issue

Anyone else get this display issue where the results won't actually show? I think I've had this issue since R80.00 EA and across multiple computers / installs. It happens randomly and on both Logs and History. Only way to fix is to close out of SmartConsole and re-open.

SmartConsole Rule Logs Display Issue.png

SmartConsole Rule Logs Display Issue 2.png

For the record, this is what it should look like:

SmartConsole Rule Logs Display Issue 3.png

From my own testing, it could have something to do with with the fact that I habitually minimize the other side-panes in the Log & Monitors view like Objects, Validations on the right side and URLs and Files on the bottom. So I open SmartConsole, open a Logs tab, immediately minimize all the auxiliary panels, view some logs, then at some later point click on a firewall rule and try to view the rule logs, then this happens. But if I open SmartConsole, go to a rule and view its logs first, then it doesn't seem to matter if I later view logs under Logs & Monitor and come back to view a rule log, it still works.

???

0 Kudos
19 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I seen this issue with smart-1 cloud instance back in R80.40, but since CP upgraded it to R81.10 few months ago, never happened since. Whats mgmt version you are on currently?

0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

Mgmt R81.10 T78

SmartConsole 81.10.9600.410

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Then Im not sure, sorry. You can check with TAC, but I have a feeling they would probably ask to debug smart console directly from the gui...just my educated guess.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Out of interest do you use default display scaling or a different value?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

Default / 100%, primarily on a 1920x1200 (16:10) monitor.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

SmartView is probably a better way to go here: https://mgmt-ip/smartview

0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

While I applaud the efforts of SmartView web, it's not ready for prime-time. Losing your view position in the access policy when viewing logs makes SmartView web a hard pass for me. There's not even a jump-to-rule feature yet (or any searching for that matter).

Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

Have you tried to use the Web SmartConsole?

It's available starting from R81 and reachable from https://<management>/smartconsole

It includes many aspects of policy management (not all yet), plus it embeds smartview in context of the policy. You can see the attached example from my lab machine with the log view below the policy.

Does that answer the context that you wanted for viewing logs with the policy?

0 Kudos
George_Ellis
Advisor

Too add to B_P's comment.  SmartView is SmartEvent centric and if you don't have SmartEvent...

0 Kudos
George_Ellis
Advisor

So, you are not crazy.  One of our guys was showing the same behavior this week.  And as you are aware, 410 does not solve it.  I think a focus change (windows focus) may have populated it, but not reliably.  

0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

A year later.................

SmartConsole Log Display Issue.png

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Is your log server indexing the logs?

Version and JHF take?

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
nicolasr
Employee
Employee

Hi, can you tell please, Version installed and Jumbo? thanks!

Georgios
Explorer

Hello,

We also have the same problem:

Management Server: R81.20 Gaia Kernel Version: 3.10

SmartConsole: Version R81.20 / 81.20.9700.651

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Did you try cpstop; cpstart or reboot the mgmt?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Georgios
Explorer

Hello,

For sure this is not a mgmt issue because we recently upgraded  our mgmt server from version 81.10 to 81.20.

We opened a support ticket to CheckPoint and we are waiting their response... I will let you know.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

It would logically appear it would be something on mgmt server, since it involves the log file. Did you check the indexing? I upgraded mgmt from R81.10 to R81.20 many times and never had this problem.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Georgios
Explorer

The only way to fix temporary the problem is to close and open again the SmartConsole. We also have the same issue to other computers running SmartConsole. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats why I mentioned trying cpstop; cpstart or rebooting the mgmt would make sense. But, just my personal opinion...thats first thing I would do if I had that issue.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events