Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

Smart Event question

Hey team,

Wondering if someone can confirm this for me please. There is a customer that wants to upgrade their whole environment to R81.10 jumbo 55 from R80.40 and I checked upgrade compatibility and all is good, EXCEPT smart event, says it cant be upgraded due to many reasons (cant recall now, but was complaining about due to being log server, secondary server etc...)

Here is my question...if customer upgraded their mgmt and 2 clusters to R81.10 and left smart event as is on R80.40, would smart event still work fine? Meaning, would it still be getting logs like it has been so far?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So, we just downloaded R81.10 fresh install and upgrade for mgmt via upgrade wizard and that passed to be used for the upgrade on smart event. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

SmartEvent upgrade to R81.10 is supported, perhaps they have an old appliance for SmartEvent?

IDK about the JHF though, I don't think there should a problem either, perhaps something was problematic for a specific take. Can you share the compatibility page you checked?

Either way, AFAIK SmartEvent R80.40 is not supported with R81.10 MGMT because since R81 the SOLR process the logging use has been upgraded and they're not compatible. I suggest looking into the compatibility issue and upgrade the SmartEvent to at least R81.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hi Amir,

Weird thing is it says that fresh install would work, but not upgrade. I am downloading upgrade package from cp upgrade wizard and will try that, see what happens. Below is what I see when I do verification:

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So, we just downloaded R81.10 fresh install and upgrade for mgmt via upgrade wizard and that passed to be used for the upgrade on smart event. Thanks!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I tried uploading take 55 for R81.10, but says not compatible, only take 30 max can be installed. Is that an issue?

Andy

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

That's a tough question, It depends on what fixes were made.

Usually SmartEvent is compatible with MGMT of other versions (if they run the same SOLR version) so unless there was a critical issue for logging or SmartEvent I believe it will be ok but AFAIK this wasn't specifically tested.

I can't tell you this is officially supported, but if you review what are the fixes between JHF packages and there are no major fixes in the areas mentioned it's a minimal risk IMO.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
Gregory_Azratz
Employee
Employee

Hi @the_rock

the reason that you were blocked from performing the upgrade is due to the fact that you have selected blink package (GA + Jumbo) and not the regular GA package.

we currently only support upgrade flow for primary management machines 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Correct. I never set up their SE server, but that sounds logical to me. One other question @Gregory_Azratz ...is jumbo 55 fully supported for smart event on top of R81.10?

0 Kudos
MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

Hi @the_rock 

the answer for your question is Yes 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

thanks!!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events