cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xavier_Duros
Ambassador
Ambassador

Smart-1 50 for a dedicated SmartEvent R80

Hi,  I know that Smart-1 50 is not officially supported for R80 Management, but I would like to know if we could use is for a dedicated SmartEvent?  Thanks,  Xavier

3 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Not recommended as the performance will almost certainly not be acceptable outside of a lab environment.  SmartEvent will probably work but the Smart-1 50 has a dual-core Intel Xeon E5410, whereas 4 cores are strongly recommended for R80.  If the E5410 supported hyperthreading (it doesn't) you might have been able to get away with it assuming the Smart-1 50 also had 8 GB of RAM (the Smart-1 50 originally shipped with 4GB RAM).

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Raj_Khatri
Advisor

Definitely not recommended.  We have a Smart1-50 running MDS right now and super slow.  It was fine on R77.30 but not R80.  The poor performance forced us into getting a Smart1-3150.  I wish the EA Team told us beforehand...

We have a dedicated SmartEvent and MLM server running on OpenServer and those became super slow as well after going to R80, requiring us to increase memory 4x to 128GB and now it flies.

0 Kudos
Xavier_Duros
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thanks for your feedbacks.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events