Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajshinde
Contributor

Secondary Check Point Manager integration with primary CP Manager.

Secondary Check Point Manager activity going on  and almost 2 hours completed and it is showing 60% "Sending Data to remote site" completed. PFA snapshot.

Is there any way to check live data transmission status from CLI? How much data transmitted ?

Migrate export database size of primary Check Point Manager is 3.2 GB and Data transmission going on Internet.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Why is the amount of data synced interesting?
Regardless I believe the full sync kicks off a task that can be monitored via an API (and thus a CLI) call.
You’ll have to use show-tasks to find the UID of the task in question and then show-task on the relevant task.

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/show-tasks~v1.8

0 Kudos
surajshinde
Contributor

Why is the amount of data synced interesting: Primary & Secondary Check Point Managers are at different location and connected over the internet. 

Is there alternate way to sync?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I don’t believe we instrument the amount of data being synced.
That’s probably an RFE.

And no, there isn’t an alternative method if you want to use management HA.
You might using this process to debug if this is taking an exceptionally long time: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

0 Kudos
surajshinde
Contributor

At End We are getting Error Message ' Communication has been aborted with peer"

0 Kudos
surajshinde
Contributor

At the End of Synchronization it is showing " HA Status - Failed to sync with peer, communication has been aborted by peer"

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Please open a TAC case here so we can assist with debugging this.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

There is certainly a timeout on sync transfer. Since the whole database is being sent over, I do not see any other option that a faster line. TAC can investigate and see if there is anything else other than the available bandwidth, though.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think your question about cli command to check this is very interesting...personally, I never heard of anything like that, but lets see if anyone can confirm. I would love to know if one exists, even for regular firewalls. The only one I know is cpview...

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

did you try "show tasks" yet?

0 Kudos
surajshinde
Contributor

Than you.

Yes i tried.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

and?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events