cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

Searching for URL's in Custom Applications/ Site

Hi there,

Is it possible to search for URL's what have been added to a custom application/ site like the one's used in Application Control & URL Filtering or is this not a feature present?

Not sure how much of a detriment to the system it causes but surely if two URL's are listed in two different custom App/ sites it would cause confusion to the engine knowing what category to assign it to if it's listed in two?

Let me know if anyone has thought of this annoying little thing?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, while SmartConsole does not yet block you from doing that, you could achieve it using the show application-sites API.

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

That doesn't give you the "search" functionality does it?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

you will have to check each custom site object unfortunately. But we will take this feedback and consider making it better for our next releases.

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

Okay, It's a lot better than what I would do prior, but I'll see how this performs and if it's something included in a future release that'd be great

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

Tomer, 

Not sure if this is possible or not but can the API give you a list of the custom applications/ sites we've made in SmartConsole?

Like that? 

In my head i'm thinking SmartConsole gets the information from somewhere yes? The show application-sites seems to present me with applications as said in the name but the limit to how many can be searched doesn't allow me to then either use grep or jq to then filter this out for possibly our custom ones?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, with JQ you can filter by the value at "domain" of each returned application. If "domain.name" is "APPI Data" that means it's coming from the Check Point User Center and isn't a custom app made by the user. I agree that we could make a more comfortable job at filtering. 

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

So, if i could figure out a way to apply a Boolean NOT effect on the filter, i could in theory filter out the APPI Data domain type to show only custom apps? What about the limitation of the amount of returned results?

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

Seem to be getting this error?

This is being ran from our active gateway? That document says about R80 Gateways

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

0 Kudos
Tom_Cripps
Advisor

Thanks!

Will take a look

0 Kudos
Joshua_Hatter
Employee
Employee

From the show-application-sites you can filter out the default sites by post filtering the response to exclude objects from the domain 'data-domain':

Python Example:

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events