Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mahesh_Patil
Participant
Jump to solution

Rrror while pushing policy that is policy installation failed due to internal error in R80.20M2

We have 6200 + policy in one of policy package. while pushing policy getting error message Policy installation failed due to internal error, if problem persist contact Checkpoint support.

I have reduce number rules less than 6K able to validate Policy.

Is any rule line or rule compilation limit in R80.20M2. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You may be able to get specific hotfixes from TAC for R80.20.M2.
However, we are not planning regular Jumbo Hotfixes for this release at all.
This is documented here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What do you mean by "policy" in this context, a rule? Are you using any inline layers at all?

In general there is no hard-coded limit of number of rules, but there may be specific issues with your policy that may be causing issues. Best to get the TAC involved.

As a separate issue, you should really upgrade from R80.20.M2. All features and more are in R80.30 which is receiving regular jumbo hotfixes (R80.20.M2 is not).

0 Kudos
Mahesh_Patil
Participant

Yes, Policy means rule. I am not using inline layer.

I will reach out to tac.

Is any plan to release Hotfix for R80.20M2?

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You may be able to get specific hotfixes from TAC for R80.20.M2.
However, we are not planning regular Jumbo Hotfixes for this release at all.
This is documented here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
0 Kudos
Mahesh_Patil
Participant

It means this is will resolve with help of tac and hotfix?

If I want to switch from current R80.20M2  to R80.30 or R80.20. Which option is better ?

I do not know stability about R80.30.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
It depends on the specific issue.
Most fixes are delivered as part of the jumbo hotfix process.
Because we're not creating jumbos for R80.20.M2, all fixes will have to be ported to R80.20.M2, which will add additional time to receive fixes.

R80.20.M2 is a higher version than R80.20.
As such, you cannot "upgrade" to R80.20 from R80.20.M2, only to R80.30 or later.
R80.30 is considered the widely recommended release at this point.

Note that "M" (for Management) releases were primarily conceived to release certain management-specific functionality ahead of an upcoming maintrain release for customers who could not wait.
The expectation is that customers would upgrade to the next maintrain once it was available.
Now that we are releasing maintrain releases a bit faster than before, I suspect we won't see Management releases like this again.
0 Kudos
Dorit_Dor
Employee
Employee

M version should live only till the next version and the formal “exit plan” from M release is to upgrade to the next maintrain. SO To get fixes, upgrade to R80.30.

By now R80.30 is widely used (nearly 100 times more usage than the M release you use) so its really bad idea to stay there. 

0 Kudos
Mahesh_Patil
Participant

Thanks for an update.

I will plan for upgrade to R80.30.

Thanks,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events