cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayM1
Explorer

R81 Disk Clean Up

Hi All,

We are currently running R81 on management and gateways.  In order to upgrade to R81.20 I on existing server I need to clean up the disk space on root and /var/log.

Is there a way on CLI I can filter and purge the database revisions that have mounted up by specific year as from Smartconsole you can only purge database revisions one at a time and its going to take a few days to clear out.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You can purge from smart console easily. Just right click on any given revision, then purge and it will purge every single one from selected database till the end. Its under settings, sessions.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
JayM1
Explorer

Hi the_rock,

Thank you ! Thats done the trick.  

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Mgmt_cli is always your friend:

This keeps the last 30 revisions:

#mgmt_cli purge-published-sessions number-of-sessions-to-preserve "30"

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/purge-published-sessions~v1.9.1%20

make sense?

a

----------------
\m/_(>_<)_\m/
0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @JayM1 

This tiny command helps a lot: 

du -h --max-depth=1

Check recursively the size of the directories starting from /var/log/ and deeper in the directory tree

• /CPda can consulme a lot of space
  • old logs also

Akos

----------------
\m/_(>_<)_\m/
0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

The best way to handle this IMO is to set log maintenance policy that suit your needs:

When you're running a log server for enough time the /var/log partition will be filled. By setting log retention for 10 GB the oldest logs and indexes will be deleted until space is met. By default it's 5 GB but you can increase and then you won't need to delete anything by yourself.

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events