cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_montalvo
Advisor

R81.10 Security Management Requierements

Hello experts,

Please let me know whats the recommended requirements for a VM to run R81.10 for Security Management Server  that would be deployed in distributed mode assuming all the blades could be used (assuming big load).

It would managed:

(2) 6200B (In Stand Alone)

(2) 6700 in (1) cluster

Al ready confirm in the release notes and have the minimum requirements but not the recommended, if there's is any type of calculator for this or guide kindly shared with me or guide me where should i consult.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Base your VM spec off the Smart-1 datasheet as a guide.

From there you also have resources such as the following to optimize accordingly:

[sk104848] Best Practices - Performance Optimization of Security Management Server installed on VMwa... 

R80.X Security Management - Performance Tuning Guide 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey brother,

I meant to reply to you earlier, but real busy week for me. Just remember, have AT LEAST 16 GB of ram, if you will do R81. Anything else might not be a good idea. As far as disk space, I would make sure root has at least 50 GB and /var/log 100 GB or so.

K_montalvo
Advisor

Hey brother,

I will use R81.10

The following is a df -h on the MGMT

-bash-4.2# df -h

Filesystem                                                       Size        Used     Avail      Use%    Mounted on

/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_current           50G       21G       27G        44%       /

/dev/sda1                                                        289M   25M       250M   9%           /boot

tmpfs                                                                3.9G      4.0K       3.9G      1%          /dev/shm

/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_log                    582G     406G     146G     74%       /var/log

As far of disk space seems alright, and will use 16G of RAM. Shall run fine? Regarding CPU 4, the plan is to upgrade existing server from R80.40 to R81.10 if we have issues perform a fresh install and do a migrate_server method.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yes sir! I run R81.10 on less power and never had an issue. Yes, its in the lab, but still, it manages 3 firewalls and its very fast.

[Expert@MANAGEMENT:0]# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_current 50G 14G 37G 28% /
/dev/sda1 291M 27M 249M 10% /boot
tmpfs 4.8G 14M 4.8G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/vg_splat-lv_log 32G 16G 17G 48% /var/log
cgroup 4.8G 0 4.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

I have 10 GB of ram, but its mgmt, so not a huge issue, but I recommend 16 at least if you can.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events