Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

R80.x SmartConsole Hidden By The Task Bar

I've noticed in R80.x SmartConsole that when it's in full screen mode, the bottom status bar (which shows the policy installation status, etc) is hidden behind my task bar.  It does this on both of my machines, and I have to manually resize the SmartConsole window to sit above my task bar.  No other application I have extends behind the task bar like this so it's only the R80.x consoles.  Is this a known bug?  Is there a known fix?

10 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

My windows taskbar is in top of my screen and I have no issues with it in full screen mode. SmartConsole places itself right below it filling the rest of my screen. I just removed the taskbar fixation and dragged in onto the bottom of my screen and SmartConsole's full screen mode correctly arranged the maximized SmartConsole window on top of my taskbar. Sounds like you may want to check your taskbar settings and get a bigger monitor.

biskit
Advisor

To expand on the issue a bit more, I have multiple monitors with "extended desktop" on.  I've noticed that on my laptop screen SmartConsole fits to the top of my taskbar, but on my "extended desktop" screens (which are much bigger, hence preferring to use them for most tasks) R80.x SmartConsole disappears behind the task bar.  No other applications do that on my other screens, only SmartConsole.  So there's either something odd about the task bar on extended desktop monitors, or with SmartConsole.  As no other apps have that problem it points towards SmartConsole, but as SmartConsole doesn't do it on the "main" screen it leaves me puzzled.

As a test I've just made one of my attached monitors the "main display" and then SmartConsole fits to the top of the taskbar.  If I drag SmartConsole back to the laptop screen expecting it to be behind the taskbar it also still fits to the top of that taskbar.  If I make the laptop screen the "main display" again, SmartConsole goes behind the taskbar again on the attached monitor.  So the laptop screen always works properly, but the extended screen only works properly if it is set at the main display.  But it only affects R80.x SmartConsole.  Odd, but I have a workaround Smiley Happy

Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Matt,

I have had this in the past. Just out of interest what SmartConsole build and OS version are you using? 

Regards

Mark

biskit
Advisor

It's Windows 10 Pro (Build 17763.316 - but I guess that changes frequently with Windows Updates?).

Console - various versions of R80.x including portable.  They all do it.

Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Are you working with high resolutions? Or 2x screens with different resolutions. If I remember rightly I had the same intermittent issue when working with 2 screens using different resolutions. 

I haven't experienced this in a while though, but my dual screens are now the same size/resolution. I'll give using laptop with a monitor with different resolutions a go as it seems as though you can replicate on demand. 

Regards

Mark

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Do you have font scaling set higher than 100% in Windows?  I've seen a non-100% setting cause this effect.

--
"IPS Immersion Training" Self-paced Video Class
Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
biskit
Advisor

Nope that's just set at the default 100%.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I have not personally observed this behavior on Windows 10 across multiple SmartConsole builds.

It's probably worth a TAC case.

How To Open a Case with TAC and/or Account Services

Lionel_Boucher
Explorer

Hi Matt, 

I face the exact same behaviour as you. Did you get any answer for this problem?

Lionel

Michou
Explorer

Hi , 

Me too, same issue with 2 screens with different resolutions

windows 10 - 1803

Smartconsole R80.30 993000020

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events