Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

R80.30 - Updatable Objects - Country (Grouping)

hi chaps (shekh-m8s) 🙂

quick one:

has any of you figured out how to GROUP Countries together in R80.30?

I'm referring to "updatable objects" as based on the sk126172 I cannot figure ... can I group such "network objects" or not ... very confusing + my customer thinks that Countries can be grouped together as net-obj but I don't believe it applies to R80.30.

can someone clarify this please? see enclosed.

2.PNG

and then ...

trying to group them out ...trying to group them out ...and have error when clicked OK :)and have error when clicked OK 🙂

Jerry
8 Replies
Uriel_F
Employee
Employee

Hi Jerry,

At the moment we do not support adding updatable objects to groups. 

We will see if it can be added to future versions, and in the meantime we will make sure we return a more informative error message.

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks Uriel. I do appreciate your response. Looking fwd to that functionality otherwise the rule containing all countries which you potentially allow/drop looks awful 😛
Jerry
0 Kudos
Greg_Harbers
Collaborator

Hi Uriel,

We are almost 3 years on from the last post on this topic. has there been any changes to the last statement. ie is it now possible to group updatable objects?

Thanks

Greg

0 Kudos
b612fb29-92a3-4
Explorer

I just tried to do this on my R80.40 mgmt server, and I am getting the exact same error that he did three years ago.  Maybe it's available in R81, but not holding my breath.  I just opened a support ticket asking for an update.  I will share what they tell me.

0 Kudos
Youssef_Obeidal
Employee
Employee

Hi, we added the option in R81.10

0 Kudos
b612fb29-92a3-4
Explorer

This was the reply I got from Checkpoint Support...

The limitation still exists in R81.10 as well.  Unfortunately, there's no information on when this might be introduced.

0 Kudos
Kathleen_Murphy
Participant

This would be a very welcome addition if the functionality is ever added. 

0 Kudos
Youssef_Obeidal
Employee
Employee

Hi, we added the option in R81.10. (R&D statement)

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events