Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francesco-P
Contributor

R80.20 : Validation Error : IP Protocol value must be in the range 1-255 : Go to Implied First Rules

Hi guys,

after the procedure migration export/import from R77.x to R80.20, openning for the first time the smartconsole to the new manager, i got some "Validation errors" to fix.

This one is strange:

ip protocol.PNG

Click on "Go to rule at layer ''Implied First Rules'" nothing happens, and going to the implied rule i can't identify the issue.

Strange, because in some other simulation of this procedure, i was able to click on the link and edit the value of ip protocol which was "256".

And also: How to edit it? Random number between 1-255 "is the solution" to remove the error from the validation pane, but this couldn't be enough.
Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not aware of anything in implied rules that requires an IP Protocol # to be set.
I would open a case with the TAC on this.
0 Kudos
Francesco-P
Contributor

Hi PhoneBoy,

i got in deeper with this issue and i can tell you more about:

Throught api, i found a misconfigured custom object (type services-other) with ip-protocol value out of valid range, set to 256.

Set to "255", the error disappear
Since it's a custom object, i'll notify this with an SR, just to clarify the message "Go to rule at layer Implied First Rules" and i'll give you feedback

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Look at this. See if you can find this value there on management server:

# more $FWDIR/lib/implied_rules.def | grep 256

Please do not change anything in this file:-)

But I would also advise you to open a case.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Francesco-P
Contributor

Hi Heiko,

i checked and no "256" inside the implied_rules.def

0 Kudos
Francesco-P
Contributor

Hi all,
TAC gave me a script to solve and remove from the db, the validation incidents on the primary manager.

Thanks all
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events