Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

R80.20 SmartConsole crash

Hello everyone,

I would like to report R80.20 SmartConsole crash which is 100% reproducible in my LAB. I have deployed R80.20 MDS with 4 CMAs. Whole content of MDS has been migrated from MDS R77.30 to the R80.20 MDS.

Steps:

1. Connect to the R80.20 MDS Domain.

2. Once in MDS Domain, right click on any of Domains and select View...

3. Hover over Domain name once new window will pop-up and select Where Used... 

4. Boom !

Would be great if someone can reproduce above mentioned steps if he/she get the same result.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
6 Replies
Levin_Swizell
Participant

I have the same issue after first login. The second login works fine.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Did you select "Relaunch" or "Close Application" ?

I also unticked the checkbox (as I dont have internet there).

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee

Could you please send me the crash report .zip file?

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

You can simulate it by your own... Just create new R80.20 MDS, create new CMA and follow steps above.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Thank you for this feedback.

In case SmartConsole crashes (should be significantly less frequent than R77 by the way - if I'm wrong, I want to be corrected!), the crash report automatically gets sent to Check Point's cloud service in case the user has an Internet connection. The information remains anonymous - just the details of the software crash. So if your SmartConsole had an outside Internet connection, the report should have been sent to us anyway. But I think that you said that you don't have Internet access from that endpoint.

Our bug tracking system is https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com - we cannot use CheckMates for reporting on support issues. This is because the process of fixing things involves:

- getting more details from the customer, things like his environment details, which license he has, and sometimes other aspects to correlate with his problem.

- allocating time  from our support and R&D resources

- signaling the issue as fixed / known limitation of one version 

- writing an SK with the solution - which can either be "fixed in jumbo hotfix xxx" or "run these steps manually"

- ensuring the fix gets released as a software update for all customers

It is more effective to report on problems through Check Point Support. Please continue to do so. If you want to discuss the Check Point Support process, you can discuss that in CheckMates.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Tomer Sole‌,

Thank you for your response.

I know how to report bugs, but the case is that I am testing this new SmartConsole and R80.20 from my home LAB which doesnt have Internet access (no support at all from UC).

This bug which I mentioned in this thread can be simulated by anyone. I dont believe that it is specific for my environment, thats the reason why I asked guys here to reproduce it and confirm my assumption. IMHO it is the best if someone who programmed the SmartConsole can do it on his own and gather significantly more information that are provided in that crash report. It will speed up resolution very fast.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events