Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Decker
Advisor

R80.10 Management API "put-file" command's undocumented flag

The Management API "put-file" command allows uploading a file to a management server or a gateway.

If you run this API command using a mgmt_cli tool, you may use a new "--treat-value-as-file-by-prefix" flag, which will replace the value of file-content argument with the content of a file on your machine.

Here is an example using the standard syntax - 

mgmt_cli put-file file-path "/home/admin/" file-name "vsx_conf" file-content "vs ip 192.0.2.1\nvs2 ip 192.0.2.2" targets.1 "corporate-gateway"

Here is an example using the new syntax - 

mgmt_cli put-file file-path "/home/admin/" file-name "vsx_conf" file-content @my_file.txt --treat-value-as-file-by-prefix @ targets.1 "corporate-gateway"

while the content of the file my_file.txt will be "vs ip 192.0.2.1\nvs2 ip 192.0.2.2".

The new flag informs the mgmt_cli tool that an argument file-content with a value my_file.txt starting with a '@' character, should have a new value - the content of my_file.txt file.

You may use any prefix of any length for this flag.

If the file is not located in the current directory, you should specify an absolute path.

3 Replies
Adiel_Ashrov
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hey Robert,

Thanks for explanation. 
Is it possible to use the mgmt-cli to simply put a file at the target?
say:

mgmt_cli put-file file-path "/home/admin/" file-name "my_file.txt" targets.1 "corporate-gateway"

And then the file located in my directory will be in the target directory of the command?

Thanks

Adiel

0 Kudos
Robert_Decker
Advisor

This command eventually uploads the content of the file to the specified target.

You must specify either the parameter for the file-content argument or use the new flag mentioned above.

Robert.

0 Kudos
Igor_Shnurko
Explorer

Another way of transferring files. Python SDK:
f = open("dynamic_id_users_info.lst", "r")
filecontent = f.read()

put_file_response = client.api_call("put-file", {"file-path" : "/var/opt/CPshrd-R80.40/conf/", "file-name" : "dynamic_id_users_info.lst", "file-content" : f"{filecontent}", "targets" : [ "target1","target2" ]})

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events