Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Varul_Leir
Participant
Participant

R80.10 Exporting Searched Rules

Hello CheckMates!

We recently upgraded to R80.10 Management, often times we get requests such as, "please provide all ports open between abc and xyz."

In R77.x I would simply perform the search, then print the rulebase into a PDF.

I can't seem to find this functionality within R80.10, while we can export the rulebase was CSV then perform a mark/remove on lines that don't match the rule numbers this seems cumbersome or using screenshots but there are not editable or searchable by the end user.

If there is nothing available right now that performs this task I may attempt to write something for the API to do a search and only export the specific rules.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Varul Leir

9 Replies
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Easiest way is to select all rules you want to share, right click them and select "copy as image". Then you can paste them to your favorite photo editor and send. This is what I would do.

0 Kudos
Varul_Leir
Participant
Participant

Lari,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a shot when it's a small number of rules!

Regards,

Varul

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Lari,

As a workaround, it is acceptable, but in principle, the provenance of the resulting file could not be verified.

It was nice to have that option in a SmartDashboard as well as having a Web Visualization Tool, especially when working with auditors.

0 Kudos
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Correct, the Web Visualization Tool is not supported in R80.x. This is the replacement:
Exporting Check Point configuration from Security Management Server into readable format using "Show... 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I am aware of the Show Package tool, but still am partial to the Web Visualization: it allowed for fairly painless import of the database in Excel when its output was used as a web source and thus enabled some creative data analysis and reporting.

Now that it is missing, it is a royal pain to even show the content of the group, as the output is not a simple to read expanded list, but the endless JSON spool.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Packet Mode ?

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Varul_Leir
Participant
Participant

Jozko,

Packet Mode simply modifies how the search is performed on the rule base, if an Export to CSV is performed within the GUI it still extracts the full rule base not only those that are displayed.

Regards,

Varul

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Hi Varul,

Wasnt aware of this limitation. Anyway, mark all searched rules and copy them as image, should be the workaround.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Ron_Izraeli
Employee
Employee

Check out SmartConsole Extensions platform where you can create your own web applications and integrate them inside SmartConsole.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events