cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peni_Vunileba
Explorer

R77.30 Migration to R80

Hi,

We have a 4400 appliance with R77.30 running on it.What is the recommended path for migration to R80 going forward for us?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

The recommend path is Advanced Upgrade with Database Migration.

Please refer to the R80 Installation and Upgrade Guide

You will find all the relevant information to your environment (Starting on page 18)

Tal

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I reviewed the advanced upgrade with database migration guide and I had a couple questions:

It looks as though the upgrade is not a normal upgrade like most upgrades.

I am curious, have you had any clients experience any issues with upgrading yet?

Is there a way to upgrade without having to export/import database?

Can we migrate without using a new IP address? Refer to page 18, first sentence.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If this is a standalone 4400 (Firewall + Management on same box) you can't upgrade yet anyway as R80 is a management only release.

R80.10 will support gateway features.

There is no "in-place" upgrade currently possible from earlier releases to R80, only through a configuration export/import as described in the documentation.

Based on current public EAs of R80.10, I don't expect this will change.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Now that R80.10 is out, there is a list of what appliances will support a standalone (gateway + management) configuration and what ones will not. In general, platforms need to have a minimum of 8GB of RAM to support a standalone configuration. For some appliances, this will mean a RAM upgrade is required to support this configuration. There is a complete list in the release notes for R80.10​.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events