Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

PDP/PEP Identity Sharing Not In Sync?

I will likely open a TAC case on this, but we noticed today that one GW using identity sharing today seems to not be fully in sync with the PDP. For example, if I run pep show user all |grep <username> on the PDP, I am able to see a record existing for that user. However, when I go to the GW acting as the PEP, the same command returns no entries. It seems completely random as to the users impacted, but it is definitely messing with some App Control rules from working!

I've tried using pdp update all and pdp control sync to try to force updates. I have also tried pushing policy again to both GW. Has anyone else ever seen this? Are they any other commands or troubleshooting recommended before possibly engaging TAC?

From the PDP Gateway:
pep show pdp all
Command: root->show->pdp->all
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Direction | IP | ID | Status | Users | Connect time |
| Incoming | 127.0.0.1 | 0 | Connected | 460 | 21Feb2019 6:16:33 |

From the PEP Gateway with Identity Sharing enabled to sync identities with the GW above:
pep show pdp all
Command: root->show->pdp->all
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Direction | IP | ID | Status | Users | Connect time |
| Incoming | IP OF PDP GW | 0 | Connected | 391 | 8Apr2019 5:25:44 |
| Incoming | 127.0.0.1 | 0 | Connected | 0 | 8Apr2019 5:16:48 |
| Outgoing | IP OF PDP GW | 0 | Connected | N/A | 8Apr2019 5:17:08 |

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's definitely TAC case territory.
Version/JHF level?
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Both PDP and PEP are R80.20, Take 47

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Nik_Bloemers
Advisor

Did you find a solution for this?
0 Kudos
Ryan_Ryan
Advisor

We had a similar issue. It was due to two separate clusters both doing ADquery and both clusters also set to share identities with each other. Caused random users to get dropped off every now and then.

0 Kudos
Nenad_D
Participant

@Ryan_Ryan  How did you solve the issue with doing AD query on multiple clusters and sharing with each other? 

Or rather is it not the correct configuration from design point of view?

We are facing a similar issue....

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards

Nenad

0 Kudos
Ryan_Ryan
Advisor

You must choose either one of these methods (and not mix them)

1) One gateway does AD Query and set to share to all other gateways (no ADquery on the other gateways)

2) all gateways do ADquery and all sharing is disabled

We went with option 1. Then we still had an issue where one or two users only (and always same users) would be present in PDP but not pep at random times, So issue was not completely fixed, we then installed take 141 (r80.20) which has some fixes for PEP out of sync and so far. issue has not returned so far..

0 Kudos
Nenad_D
Participant

@Ryan_Ryan Thanks very much for your feedback! I will give it a try...

0 Kudos
LaRockas
Participant

@Nenad_D  Also we have a setup with separate PDP gateways (2 x PDP -With Cluster Setup ) for ADQ and another set (2 xPDP With Cluster Setup) for the IDC . 

We have mixed environment of older Win2003 servers and we wanted to separate the WMI process with the IDC . We do identity sharing with the VS we have , using the cluster ips of the PDPs (one cluster ip for ADQ & one cluster ip for IDC )  . 

It seems to work good , except some problems with users that do not shut down the PCs , so we don't have log in/out security logs .Also we have noticed some times that the PDPs know a user , but the PEP not . Usually with pdp control sync it works . 

Best Regards 

Prodromos 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events