Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimonMeadows
Participant

Optimum Management Blade Distribution

I have four management servers and am wondering what is the optimum distribution of the management blades to get descent performance out of the management system and smart console. Currently smart console can be slow to respond and freeze up for multiple seconds depending on the requests I want to try to optimise the setup I have.

Currently I have

Primary Management Server:

• Network Policy Management
  • Endpoint Policy
  • Logging & Status
  • Compliance

Smart Event Server:

• Logging & Status
  • Smart Event Server
  • Smart Event Correlation

Log Server:

• Logging & Status
  • Smart Event Correlation

Secondary Management Server (Geographically separate):

• Network Policy Management
  • Logging & Status
  • Monitoring
  • Compliance

The primary management server always seems to run at high CPU load and it seems be due to log indexing because when I remove the Logging and Status blade it becomes much more performant, however, then I don't get the logs in smart console.

Any suggestions on the best way to split up the blades to get the best performance would be helpful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You could direct all the logging to the one (or both) of the the two Log Servers (in your case the SmartEvent Server is also a Log Server with the relevant license) instead of the Primary Management Server. You will see all the logs using the same SmartConsole connected to the Primary Management Server without slowing the machine down.

Regarding the Secondary Management Server, it should have the same blades (and licenses) as the Primary Management Server. Also, having the Monitoring Blade on the Secondary Management Server means you do not get to enjoy it's benefits on the Primary Management Server (Can you view full Gateway statuses and traffic in the SmartConsole connected to the Primary?)  

@Dror_Aharony @Amir_Senn 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may want to consider upgrading management to R81.10 where we have implemented a number of performance and stability improvements.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events