cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eldad_C
Explorer

No arp on my sync interface R77.30

Hello,

I have R77.30 cluster (it is working well :-)), also I have 2 Sync interfaces between the two gateway.

I have notice that on one of my sync interface I can see the ARP record of the second GW ( and vice versa), but on the other sync interface - which is the actually physical SYNC interface (it is 12400 GW with physical SYNC nic) - I'm not seeing the ARP record of the other GW.

All the cluster and Sync indicators are OK.

My question is:

Does this is normal behavior ?

Thank you,

Eldad

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

An arp will be seen when you have traffic on the interface, it does not matter what the name of the actual interface is. The designation of the primary sync interface will cause that interface to be used primarily, the secondary will be used only when either the first sync fails or when it gets overloaded.
Regards, Maarten
Eldad_C
Explorer

Thank you for your reply.

The strange thing is that on my "1st Sync" interface I can't see the ARP entry of the other GW (on each GW), but on the "2nd Sync" i'm able to see the ARP entries (arp -n).

any advise ?

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

Second what Maarten wrote, indeed arp is little bit irrelevant here as there is supposed to be no traffic?

main SYNC interfaces has traffic every minute with keep-alive heart-bit (at least) so I have no idea what are you referring to.

Is there any way you can double check Layer1-Layer2 on that Cluster? Patching as well as the switch-in-between if applicable?

ARP indeed is visible only when frames fly-over but SYNC interface(s) should be first well designed and properly set (not on the GW object I mean!) but physically as well as dedicated for SYNC1/SYNC2. Matter of failover also plays a role here but this can evaluated with test-fail-over procedure - did you try one at least with ClusterXL_admin down -p?

Jerry
0 Kudos
Eldad_C
Explorer

I will try to be more detailed:

The cluster is working well, the fail-over mechanism is also working well, and has been tested.

This is production environment and the issue I’m asking about is because I’m installing new cluster in a different network and I have noticed this issue in my new environment and then look back into my production environment and i saw the same thing.

on 1st Sync interface which is the active one - from some reason I’m not seeing ARP record on MY GW1 for GW2.

on 2nd Sync interface - I can see the ARP records as expected.

Does anyone that has two (or more) sync interfaces can check and verify that in each GW there are ARP records of the SYNC interfaces that the other GW.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events