Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B_P
Advisor

Network Feed Object - Supported Authentication Methods

Trying to setup a Network Feed object in R81.20. It's a HTTPS request that we would like to use some type of authentication with. I'm only seeing that the API is used to set different methods but nothing on what authentication methods are supported and how to add them (how Check Point needs/wants it formatted). What is the authentication method used by default when specifying the username and password in the SmartConsole GUI?

10 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I actually went into chat the other day and asked the guy about exact same thing, he told me asked around and no one knew the answer. I did not want to bother with the case, as it was not urgent or anything, more just my curiosity, but I see what you are saying, its not very clear how to even set additional auth methods, as thats what it shows in the smart console.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
B_P
Advisor

@the_rock wrote:

and no one knew the answer

Awesome. Well, I can confirm what is set in the GUI is at least Basic Auth.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey, here is my mentality. Im glad guy was honest and told me that no one knew than trying to BS me with something I would have known was not the case...so as they say, dont shoot the messenger LOL

Anyway, maybe opening official TAC case would be better in this case.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yea and I think thats about all that can be set in Dashboard, its by default.

0 Kudos
Scottc98
Advisor

Possible its the certificate Id that you can set via API but doesn't seem to be able to do in smartconsole?

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#cli/add-network-feed~v1.9.1%20

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tried that today, no dice. Will attempt tomorrow again.

Nite!

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant quite figure out how to do this with certificate ID via api. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Andy

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

If you need simple user+password authentication to the URL, then the dialog does support inputting the username and password fields:

NetworkFeed.png

The value in these fields is passed in the header of the https request on header field names that are commonly required by many web servers.

Some web servers require getting the credentials on different field names in the header. For this, you can use the API's custom-header field with the sub fields of header-name and header-value.

Essentially, you need to know how your web server / provider that hosts the network feed text file wants to get the authentication credentials.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats okay for default auth, but our inquiry is for additional auth methods.

Andy

0 Kudos
Kirupa_Shankar_
Explorer

Can we add contents to an existing network feed object through api

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events