Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Migrate Endpoint Management from R77.30.03 to R80.10

When we licensed Endpoint the only option was to manage it from R77.30.03.  Now I want to migrate management to R80.10 that is also used to manage all our R80.10 gateways.  So I want to import a policy with objects into the R80.10 database.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

To "join" these currently, you need to engage with Professional Services as there is currently no automated way to do this.

This would also require you to upgrade your network management to R80.20 as the Endpoint Management in R80.10 is not aligned with R77.30.03.

I suppose you could potentially:

However, there will likely be some manual work involved.

Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

I am very willing to upgrade but I like to have documentation.  Would it be advisable to upgrade the Endpoint Management Server R77.30.03 to R80.10 to prepare to merge EMS into SMS?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is not a documented procedure for merging Endpoint and Network management.

We do plan to make this more automated/documented in the future.

For right now, it requires Professional Services. 

The version of Endpoint included with R80.10 is lower than R77.30.03.

This is why I said you would have to upgrade your R77.30.03 (and consequentially your Network Management) to R80.20.

0 Kudos
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Still waiting on the documentation for this migration (one year later)...migrating to R80.30 now and still no procedure.

0 Kudos
Oren_Shalgi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi,

There is a new tool that is in Early Availability stage which allows consolidation of Endpoint Management into existing Network Security Management. 

As it is a new process, it currently involves Check Point Support assistance in order to share data with Check Point to allow lab simulation before production.

Note it requires to align both managements to the same version (R80.20/R80.30).

Please open a service request to get assistance on this task.

Thanks,

Oren.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events