Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackVN
Participant
Jump to solution

Management Server High CPU after enable SmartEvent

Hi Guy!

Currently, i'm facing the issue CPU of Management sever High after i enable SmartEvent on this.

This is below result output of Top -c command:

top - 16:38:22 up 4 days, 40 min, 2 users, load average: 13.29, 13.30, 13.32
Threads: 1384 total, 13 running, 1371 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
%Cpu(s): 1.7 us, 0.8 sy, 80.3 ni, 15.9 id, 0.9 wa, 0.3 hi, 0.2 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem : 65321388 total, 469004 free, 14900660 used, 49951724 buff/cache
KiB Swap: 32957340 total, 32764316 free, 193024 used. 48250116 avail Mem

I have open case with TAC and they recommend increase memory for device, and has increase memory  from 32GB to 64GB but dosen't not work.

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JackVN
Participant

Hi bro

Sorry for late respone

The issue fixed by seperate the VM-SmartEvent, then the Mgmt Server CPU working normally. 

Thanks

Jack

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version/JHF on what hardware?
How many gateways are managed by this environment?
What processes are running on the system?
Additional RAM for SmartEvent is recommended depending on the size of the environment.

0 Kudos
JackVN
Participant

Hi bro

Hope you are doing well

Sorry for late respone

The issue fixed by seperate the VM-SmartEvent, then the Mgmt Server CPU working normally. 

Thanks

Jack

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion Champion
Champion

How many CPUs do you have?  What kind of hardware is this?  You have plenty of RAM at 64GB with minimal swap space usage.  Please provide output of the following command so we can see logging/indexing rate: cpstat mg -f log_server

It is normal for high CPU load to occur after enabling Log Indexing or SmartEvent as it "catches up" with all the preexisting logs and gets them added to the events database.  The "catch up" CPU time and disk access is "niced" down to minimum priority (80.3 ni) so that other management processes will always take priority on the CPU.  Depending on how many logs you have it may take a few days for the indexing to "catch up" to the latest logs, at which time the CPU utilization should drop significantly.  During this period you really shouldn't notice much degradation of management performance, are you seeing any?

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
JackVN
Participant

Hi bro

Sorry for late respone

Thanks

Jack

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events