Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HristoGrigorov

Issue with R81 policy management

I think I found an issue with R81 policy management. 

I am in a process of configuring new cluster object. It does not yet have sync interface defined.

Now, I am trying to install policy which has absolutely nothing to do with this object. I am absolutely sure about that.

Yet, it won't let me install that policy until I define sync interface first.

R81 T42

0 Kudos
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Wait, just to make sure Im not missing something here : - ). You are saying you are in process of setting up brand new cluster, BUT, you are attempting policy push on a different object and its not letting you?

Andy

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

Yup, it is exactly as explained by @Tal_Paz-Fridman. Luckily in this case it was easy to fix. But may be in some other it won't be.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Hi Hristo,

This is an old validation that exists in all our versions. It examines all Security Cluster objects to see if a synchronization network exists.

I agree it should not be given if the Security Cluster is not in the policy installation targets.

I will move this to the relevant R&D owners.

Thanks

Tal

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Tal_Paz-Fridman Are you 100% sure thats the case? I never ever saw that in R77.xx, R65 or even back in R60.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I have seen this to many times to my liking and as I recall it is also in R77.30, before that version I have no recollection anymore, that is way to long ago.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events