cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ED
Advisor

IPS protections clear filters

Hi,

Why is there no option to clear all filters in IPS protections? I mean like a button on top of the filters tab where you can just click "Clear filters" or something.

Since there is around 421 Vendors and 541 products that can be checked in filters sometimes I find it "hard" to scroll through the whole list to remove the checkmark on previously selected. Maybe there is another way that I don't know about?

10 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

To clear the filters, you can use the "x" in the header of the sections:

Just mouse over area indicated and the "x" will appear there.

ED
Advisor

That will only remove that filter, not clear that filter (as in removing the checkmark).

Like removing the checkmark for "critical" and "high" as shown below.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

It does remove the checkmarks in the subordinate checkboxes:

ED
Advisor

It removes the whole filter, then you have to add that filter again. That's not the point and not an easy way if I want to work with protections. Just asking for an easy way for clearing the checkmarks without removing the whole filter first. It seems that it's not possible at this moment with SmartConsole. Maybe in some future releases. Thank you for your effort in trying to help me Smiley Happy 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I agree that we need the "Clear Filters" option. It would also be beneficial to have custom filters saved and available for reuse.

ED
Advisor

I liked the idea about being able to save custom filters! Would be useful in different scenarios. 

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I've pulled my previous reply to avoid confusing others looking for the answer.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I'd like to revive this thread and expand on it a bit:

Not only do we need a "Clear Filters" button on top of IPS Filters section, we also need a "Active filters" button with the counter. In addition to that, clicking this button should list all currently active filters.

Case in point:

image.png

Once the search box on top is cleared, there are no indications that any filter(s) being applied, but we can see the total count of protections being significantly smaller than it is supposed to be:

Only 355 protections listedOnly 355 protections listed

Incidentally, simply scrolling down the "Filters" section does not yield any indication that filters are being applied.

The only way to determine that is to expand all of the Filters sections and scroll through everything.

Hence my recommendation to have "Active Filters" button with the counter and the link to the active filters only on top of that section. Having the ability to save custom filter assemblies in shortcuts or favorites will not hurt as well.

Regards,

Vladimir

ED
Advisor

@Vladimir how do you think we can get attention from the people at Check Point working with SmartConsole functionality? I'm afraid that this thread will just disappear among all the other hundred threads as soon as someone replies to them. Someone should start a new thread with feedback from customers to the Check Point developers, of features/functionality missing in SmartConsole and that thread should be monitored by the developers. 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@ED , well, let's try adding some folks to the thread that could help us with this.

@PhoneBoy , @Timothy_Hall , @HeikoAnkenbrand , @Danny  Gentlemen, please weigh in on this and let's setup a "Wish List" for variety of Check Point products and components. Something similar to what we've had last year for the "feature of the year" or wherever it was that we were voting for the "VPN Domain per VPN Community".

Instead of a one-time poll, let's make those permanent threats where RFEs will be discussed, distilled and promoted. May do all of us a ton of good.

Cheers,

Vladimir

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events