Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rohan_Rodrigues
Explorer

I Can't see any correlated logs ( Smart Event logs) from Gateway CP5400 in Smart 1 Management R80.10 server. The Logs

I have R80.10 CP 5400 Security Gateway running managed by Smart 1 210 Management server in R80.10 version.

After the Successful installation of gateway in production. I cannot see any logs in Log & Monitoring section.

Can you please advice?

Also i get the attached error on Log & Monitoring screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you are running a Smart-1 210 with SmartEvent, Security Management, and Logs simultaneously, that's not supported with R80.10. 

This is due to the fact R80.10 requires significantly more resources and the Smart-1 210 does not have quite enough to run all of these tasks simultaneously. 

Refer to the Check Point R80.10 Release Notes  specifically this table:

More specifically, the statement at the bottom: Smart-1 25b, 205, and 210 appliances can run Security Management OR Log Server OR SmartEvent.

The Smart-1 405/410 appliances were created to address this issue, and it's possible to do a trade-in--check with your Check Point account team or reseller.

As for the other bug, you might try simply uninstalling and reinstalling SmartConsole.

Otherwise I recommend engaging with the TAC.

Rohan_Rodrigues
Explorer

Thanks for your reply Mr. Dameon. I really appreciate . In this case, can i go a step back for Management server and run R80? but i doubt it will be able to support security gateways on R80.10.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

R80 has the same resource requirements as R80.10, so it wouldn't do you any good.

You would have to downgrade to R77.30.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events