Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Locher
Participant
Jump to solution

How I am able to remove a threat prevention layer from the database?

I know how I can delete access control layers (via Manage Layers) but I didn't find any capability to remove a threat prevention layer. I always get a name uniqueness error when I would like to publish my changes because I have two Threat Prevention layers with the same name. So how I am able to remove those?

Error Screen:

Thx for help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We took the conversation offline.

Apparently, when you uncheck "Threat Prevention" from a policy package, sometimes you could end up with an "orphan layer" with no easy option to delete it.

We will publish an SK with a workaround script soon. When we do, I will update this thread.

The fix for this problem is scheduled for the next releases.

The workaround for this problem, for now, is to simply select a different name for the newly created policy package.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Unlike access control, the threat prevention layers are automatically deleted from the system when they are removed from the policy.

From the navigation pane, right-click the policy or one of the layers and select "Edit Policy..."

You can also keep the layer and just change its name from that dialog.

tp.png

0 Kudos
Oliver_Locher
Participant

Thx Tomer!

But this didn't happen in my case.

I removed the layer manually first without success and afterwards I also removed the whole policy.

The layer still exist when I create the policy with the same Name "Olis_Policy" again.

CP will create the first Threat Prevention layer automatically with this name "Olis_Policy Threat Prevention".

When I would like to publish I will get this error immediately:

So the old Threat Prevention layer still exists in the DB somewhere...

What happens if you create a policy with a Threat Prevention layer, delete the whole policy and recreate the policy with the same name again?

Do you experiencing such name uniqueness errors as well?

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

It's not supposed to happen.

Are you using the R80 version from checkpoint.com or do you have an Early Availability version installed?

Is this the list of steps?

- delete a policy package named Olis_Policy

- create a new policy package with name Olis_Policy, with the options Access Control and Threat Prevention checked.

- a new validation error is presented and blocks from publishing this session

Are you by chance using a Multi-Domain environment?

0 Kudos
Oliver_Locher
Participant

For some reason it happend 🙂

Yes, I am using the GA Version of R80 from checkpoint.com.

Exactly!

- I created a policy named Olis_Policy with option Access Control and Threat Prevention checked.

- Deleted this policy.

- Created a new policy named Olis_Policy again with option Access Control and Threat Prevention checked.

- Validation error appears

So it seems, the Threat Prevention layer deletion process didn't run well when I removed my policy...

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We took the conversation offline.

Apparently, when you uncheck "Threat Prevention" from a policy package, sometimes you could end up with an "orphan layer" with no easy option to delete it.

We will publish an SK with a workaround script soon. When we do, I will update this thread.

The fix for this problem is scheduled for the next releases.

The workaround for this problem, for now, is to simply select a different name for the newly created policy package.

0 Kudos
Oliver_Locher
Participant

Thx Tomer!

Oliver Locher

Solution Architect

T +41 43 833 15 49

M +41 78 630 33 33

F +41 43 477 70 12

oliver.locher@nttcomsecurity.com<mailto:oliver.locher@nttcomsecurity.com>

www.nttcomsecurity.ch<http://www.nttcomsecurity.ch/>

0 Kudos
JuPo
Employee Employee
Employee

Tomer Sole,

has the SK been already published for this? I have couple of orphan layers which can not be deleted.

I cloned Policy package with Inline Layers and than deleted cloned Policy package. Inline Layers were not deleted and are referencing deleted Policy package, thus it is not possible to delete them.

Thx

Juraj

Matthias_Haas
Advisor

Hi Juraj,

did you get any feedback/solution ?

We have the same issue and TAC is still pointing to the wrong direction, they believe SK107974 should solve the problem.

Matthias 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events