cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary_Partner
Participant
Jump to solution

Grouping network objects in R80.10

In R77, we could easily add many network objects to a group quickly by "More > Group Selected Objects".  Does that functionality exist in R80.10?  And if not, will it be coming back? If this can now be done with the API, that would be great as well.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, Group Selected Objects has been there since the first release of R80 (March 2016). It is available from a rule cells of security policies. Perhaps you were looking for it in another place?

In case you use the same set of objects in many places and would like to switch to a group instead, see How can I quickly move from many objects in many rules to a reusable group? 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
masher
Employee
Employee

You can group multiple items via the "add-group" API command. 

- https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/index.html#gui-cli/add-group~v1.1%20 

add group name "test-group" members.1 "testhost1" members.2 "testhost2" ...

You can still group selected objects once they are added to the policy. Right-clicking on the selected objects still has the "group selected objects" option.

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Seems to be there for us. Just select multiple objects and right-click

Gary_Partner
Participant

Doesn't seem to be there for me.  Perhaps I'm running a different version of SmartConsole or there's a setting I'm unaware of.  I don't see that when I right click multiple selected objects. 

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

What is the version of the console? Send a screenshot of what options you see when you right-click. 

0 Kudos
(1)
Gary_Partner
Participant

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

New version pf R80.10 SmartConsole is being released each 1-2 months, would be better to install the latest one:

R80.10 SmartConsole Releases 

SmartConsole - General Availability Build 024 (07 Jan 2018)
PMTR-2385 "Group selected objects" option does not execute properly in certain scenarios.

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

small clarification: Group Selected Objects was always visible, but prior to that hotfix it had a bug when using it to group objects and quickly (but..really quickly) publishing the changes.

It's true that it's better to pick up the latest jumbo hotfixes especially since they are focused on stability fixes.

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, Group Selected Objects has been there since the first release of R80 (March 2016). It is available from a rule cells of security policies. Perhaps you were looking for it in another place?

In case you use the same set of objects in many places and would like to switch to a group instead, see How can I quickly move from many objects in many rules to a reusable group? 

Gary_Partner
Participant

Yes exactly. I was trying to make use of this feature in object explorer, rather than a policy rule that has many objects I would like to group. In the R77 SmartDashboard we used the Objects List to do this. I now have build42 installed.

Huseyin_Rencber
Collaborator

In build 42 version , Security policy > access control > policy > rules  choose your objects and right click , there you go group selected objects.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events