Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Orrison
Collaborator

Geo Protection Expectation from R80.30 to R81.10 Upgrade.

I am going to be upgrading our SMS from R80.30 to R81.10. I just recalled that Geo Protection policy changed in R81. Now using updatable objects in an access policy. I have found some info on this here in the community, but I need to know what to expect after my in place upgrade. Will the legacy Geo Policy be gone after my upgrade or will it stay in place since we are leveraging it now. According to the below SK it sounds like it might stay, but I just want to be sure I know what will happen after the upgrade.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

The legacy policy is in shared policies

Kevin_Orrison_0-1643741839700.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im pretty sure it will not stay, because I noticed it gone in 3 customer's environments, as well as 2 labs I did.

Kevin_Orrison
Collaborator

Can anyone verify for sure what happens after an in place upgrade?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I will let CP people confirm for you, but Im 100% sure thats what happens based on my experience with those upgrades.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

When you do an upgrade, if nothing is configured in the legacy Geo Policy, it should be hidden.
If there are rules there, it shouldn’t be hidden on upgrade.
At least that’s how I understand it.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Can confirm what Dameon said, if the legacy Geo Policy is still in its default "out of the box" configuration with no changes made it will be hidden in R81+.  If anything was touched at all in the Geo Policy at any point along the way it will still be visible in R81+.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats interesting, because thats not my experience at all. With 2 customers, we made changes back in R80.20 in default geo policy, upgraded to R81, all was there, made more changes, then upgraded to R81.10 and default geo policy was gone.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Orrison
Collaborator

I am using a non default specific policy for Geo Protection currently on R80.30. To be clear, it sounds like this should still be active and available in SmartConsole after my upgrade?

Kevin_Orrison_4-1643814229005.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events