cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dick_Summers
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fingerprint does not match

A client asked me to pinch hit for the CP admin who is on vacation.  When trying to open SmartEvent (on the Security Management Open Server R77.30), the fingerprint warning screen appears. When I compare the warning screen fingerprint contents with the fingerprint of the GUI's Certificate authority, there is a mismatch.

Should I be concerned, or is it OK to proceed?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Which precise fingerprints are you comparing?
In general the fingerprint error message will show one of two times: when you first connect from a system (i.e. no fingerprint is saved) or if it's changed since last connection. Legitimate reasons it changed are because of a reinstall or a SIC reset since the last connection.
When was the last time you connected from that machine?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
Which precise fingerprints are you comparing?
In general the fingerprint error message will show one of two times: when you first connect from a system (i.e. no fingerprint is saved) or if it's changed since last connection. Legitimate reasons it changed are because of a reinstall or a SIC reset since the last connection.
When was the last time you connected from that machine?
Marc0523
Participant

Are you stating that a reinstall of Smart Console on the local machine would cause a fingerprint mismatch?

My company just had one out of the blue, with no known changes made, and I am trying to investigate how it came about.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Presumably it would, since the information about previously connected management servers would also be uninstalled.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events