cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam276
Contributor
Jump to solution

Failed to import: Failed: null

Anyone seen this before?   This is on open platform on Dell hardware on the management server (not multi-domain).  Export was from R80.40 HFA 125 and trying to import into R81.20 HFA 53.  On the source management verify step of the upgrade, the only verification warnings were modified inpect files which were expected so I skipped the warnings.

[Expert@management:0]# ./migrate_server import -v R81.20 /var/log/R8040-R8120migrate3/r8040-r8120-20240515.tgz
Importing the Management Database
Operation started at Wed May 15 11:42:05 EDT 2024

15May2024-122343: Failed to import: Failed: null. Detailed upgrade report is available at /opt/CPsuite-R81.20/fw1/log/upgrade_report/upgrade_report.html

Operation finished at Wed May 15 12:24:45 EDT 2024

I did discover the SK175089 article about a file being missing for IPS that can cause this.  It mentioned a file missing error being seen in the cpm.elg file on the source export that causes the actual import to fail with null.   I did an update to IPS protections per the article and the file error was no longer in the cpm.elg logs on the next export attempt.  I am still getting the import failure though with the same error at the console (null).

I also found sk175090 but I did not see the log entries for that (shadow_objects stuff) in the import cpm.elg log so I don't think that applies.  I was surprised to see that though.  If this is a know thing, you would think they would add a check on the export stage for that condition.

I am seeing quite a few of these errors below in the cpm.log file on the import starting pretty early on and throughout it.  I am not sure if that is a cause or effect thing.  If anyone has seen this error before on the cpm.elg import though, maybe that will be a clue to help.

15/05/24 12:15:33,712 ERROR dleserver.internal.EclipseLinkExceptionHandler [pool-4-thread-1]: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Where: SQL statement "SELECT mydomainversion()"
PL/pgSQL function set_session_and_profile(smallint,uuid,uuid,integer) line 39 at SQL statement
15/05/24 12:15:33,712 ERROR dleserver.internal.EclipseLinkExceptionHandler [pool-4-thread-1]:
at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException.sqlException(DatabaseException.java:340)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.processExceptionForCommError(DatabaseAccessor.java:1611)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.basicExecuteCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:674)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.databaseaccess.DatabaseAccessor.executeCall(DatabaseAccessor.java:558)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.basicExecuteCall(AbstractSession.java:2000)
at org.eclipse.persistence.sessions.server.ClientSession.executeCall(ClientSession.java:298)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:242)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:228)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeSelectCall(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:299)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.queries.DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.executeSelect(DatasourceCallQueryMechanism.java:281)
at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DataReadQuery.executeNonCursor(DataReadQuery.java:197)
at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DataReadQuery.executeDatabaseQuery(DataReadQuery.java:152)
at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DatabaseQuery.execute(DatabaseQuery.java:899)
at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DataReadQuery.execute(DataReadQuery.java:137)
at org.eclipse.persistence.queries.DatabaseQuery.executeInUnitOfWork(DatabaseQuery.java:798)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.UnitOfWorkImpl.internalExecuteQuery(UnitOfWorkImpl.java:2896)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1802)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1784)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.sessions.AbstractSession.executeQuery(AbstractSession.java:1749)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.executeReadQuery(QueryImpl.java:258)
at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:469)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl.setSessionAndProfileInSqlDb(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:1039)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl.updateSessionDataInDb_aroundBody18(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:1099)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl$AjcClosure19.run(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:1)
at org.aspectj.runtime.reflect.JoinPointImpl.proceed(JoinPointImpl.java:149)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.TransactionRetrySvcImpl.proceed(TransactionRetrySvcImpl.java:174)
at com.checkpoint.management.dle.aspects.TransactionRetryAspect.aroundOperation(TransactionRetryAspect.java:16)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl.updateSessionDataInDb(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:2106)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl.createNewSession_aroundBody6(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:2307)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl$AjcClosure7.run(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.TransactionRetrySvcImpl.proceed(TransactionRetrySvcImpl.java:174)
at com.checkpoint.management.dle.aspects.TransactionRetryAspect.aroundOperation(TransactionRetryAspect.java:16)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreSessionImpl.createNewSession(ObjectStoreSessionImpl.java:2659)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreImpl.createPublicSession(ObjectStoreImpl.java:170)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreImpl.createPublicSession_aroundBody8(ObjectStoreImpl.java:144)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreImpl$AjcClosure9.run(ObjectStoreImpl.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.object_store.ObjectStoreImpl.createPublicSession(ObjectStoreImpl.java:128)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager.createObjectStoreSession_aroundBody2(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager$AjcClosure3.run(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager.createObjectStoreSession(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:12)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager.getOrCreateObjectStoreSession_aroundBody4(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:35)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager$AjcClosure5.run(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager.getOrCreateObjectStoreSession(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:145)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreSessionManager.onJpaTransactionBeginNew(ObjectStoreSessionManager.java:177)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.ObjectStoreJpaTransactionManager.doBegin(ObjectStoreJpaTransactionManager.java:141)
at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.getTransaction(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:371)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:335)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.createTransactionIfNecessary(TransactionAspectSupport.java:273)
at org.springframework.transaction.aspectj.AbstractTransactionAspect.ajc$before$org_springframework_transaction_aspectj_AbstractTransactionAspect$1$2a73e96c(AbstractTransactionAspect.aj:63)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl.getCloudApp_aroundBody10(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:801)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl$AjcClosure11.run(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:1)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl.getCloudApp(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:1047)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl.doGetApiKey(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:857)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl.getApiKey(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:1177)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.CloudAppSvcImpl.getApiKey(CloudAppSvcImpl.java:851)
at com.checkpoint.management.dleserver.coresvc.internal.LogFwdConfigInfinitySvcImpl.run(LogFwdConfigInfinitySvcImpl.java:213)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:522)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:319)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:191)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:825)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adam276
Contributor

As a follow up to this.  Upgrading to latest HFA on R80.40 management and then doing export fixed the problem with a null error on import on R81.20.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would run cpmdoc and see what you get.

cd $FWDIR/scripts

./run_cpmdoc.sh

Andy

0 Kudos
Adam276
Contributor

Thanks.  I ran that and this is the part of the html output that was in error or warning.

ERROR:
Automatic Purge Check is
 - "Automatic Purge is not enabled on the machine"

ERROR:
High Number of Revisions
- SMC User: 218  (over 200 is the trigger it seems)

ERROR:
crc_marker_db.fws File Check
- Error - /opt/CPsuite-R80.40/fw1/conf/SMC_Files/asm/crc_marker_db.fws is missing
* It shows this as missing now but I verified that after the IPS update(following the KB article on it), right before the export, It did exist.  I assume something removes it at some point.  I didn't see the error that it was missing on the last export that I did.  I will double check that again though in the export logs but I am sure it was only on the previous export that I did and was not in the last export (makes sense to double check)

WARNING:
There are deleted objects without a DeleteObjectAuditLog or DeleteObjectsAuditLog

objidobjclass
2d637143-ddc0-452f-85c5-f02f6b246902com.checkpoint.objects.threat_rulebase.ThreatExceptionRule
574179d0-1861-11e3-8ffd-0800200c9a66com.checkpoint.objects.ep_common_client.dummy.CpmiEpOperation
702a15ac-9d16-611e-4a58-717968d2483ecom.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
97415eb3-bc5c-014d-702c-d6467a7d37d9com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
c11cf35c-e875-f994-8355-4487f2b69829com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
c4750208-cba8-8965-dd3c-5a7c5b74c732com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile

* I have no idea what this is about

WARNING:
ObjectStoreSessionEntity with no DomainWorkSession

rowidid
e9b3b306-0a8d-4168-bbd8-3d8262d2d53e7
78cf28f5-52d0-474b-a44b-bb55bc96292310
ef5981ca-a491-46db-aa32-ca459d8b60fa9
1650970e-b89a-4f1e-9a9f-6e64ae97b44311
91e1a56e-fc24-4fa1-b8ef-f5d441f8ca1c59

* Again... have no idea bout these.  I am only logged into expert mode (SSH) currently on the management.

WARNING:
primary_management Field Check In The file-system
- The Fwset in DataBase is empty, Unable to determine the result.
* I don't know what this is about either but I only have a single management (no HA) and a spare server that I use for manual restores, etc.

Everything else looks ok.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just gotta go to Dollarama shortly (how exciting haha) and when I get back will check what you sent.

Cheers mate.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, this is what I got...

Andy

ERROR:
Automatic Purge Check is
- "Automatic Purge is not enabled on the machine"

probably lots of revisions

ERROR:
High Number of Revisions
- SMC User: 218 (over 200 is the trigger it seems)

same reason

ERROR:
crc_marker_db.fws File Check
- Error - /opt/CPsuite-R80.40/fw1/conf/SMC_Files/asm/crc_marker_db.fws is missing
* It shows this as missing now but I verified that after the IPS update(following the KB article on it), right before the export, It did exist. I assume something removes it at some point. I didn't see the error that it was missing on the last export that I did. I will double check that again though in the export logs but I am sure it was only on the previous export that I did and was not in the last export (makes sense to double check)

Not 100% sure, but this is definitely related to threat prevention

2d637143-ddc0-452f-85c5-f02f6b246902 com.checkpoint.objects.threat_rulebase.ThreatExceptionRule
574179d0-1861-11e3-8ffd-0800200c9a66 com.checkpoint.objects.ep_common_client.dummy.CpmiEpOperation
702a15ac-9d16-611e-4a58-717968d2483e com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
97415eb3-bc5c-014d-702c-d6467a7d37d9 com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
c11cf35c-e875-f994-8355-4487f2b69829 com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile
c4750208-cba8-8965-dd3c-5a7c5b74c732 com.checkpoint.objects.ep_uepm_files.dummy.CpmiEpUepmFile

I have no clue either what these represents...possibly some database objects, but hard to say, it would meed API to confirm

WARNING:
primary_management Field Check In The file-system
- The Fwset in DataBase is empty, Unable to determine the result.

Not certain about this warning, sorry

0 Kudos
Adam276
Contributor

As a follow up to this.  Upgrading to latest HFA on R80.40 management and then doing export fixed the problem with a null error on import on R81.20.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks for letting us know!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events