Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matlu
Advisor
Jump to solution

Error with the publication/installation of policies.

Hello,

I am having problems with the "publish" and "install policies" options in SmartConsole R81.10.

I am making changes in my GW Cluster, turning off 1 interface on each 1 of the devices, and then I try from the SMC Cluster object to give it a "Get interface without Topology", so far, so good.

But when I try to publish or install the policies, the button to do so is grayed out.

Any idea how to solve this error?

Greetings.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I pasted below what I was referring to.

Andy

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
7 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, not to sound like a stupid question bro, but are you positive you are logged in as admin?

Andy

Can you send a screenshot?

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Sorry, Brother.

Where do I see that from?

Because I am sure, that the account with which the client is logged in, is an account with "super-admin" privileges.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I dont have smart console open now. but I believe its under manage and settings, then administrators, you can check there. IF policy install is greyed out, to me, that 100% indicates its NOT a full admin account bro.

Andy

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

Hello,

This is what I can see from the administrator user's session that is now connected to the SmartConsole.

RW.png

It seems to me, and I remember, that the "Read-Write" privilege, does allow to publish and install policies, or am I wrong?

0 Kudos
Matlu
Advisor

I found the error, or rather the "detail".

It turns out that when I make any change, and try to Publish, or Install policies, the BUTTON, appears in gray as if I had no privileges with the account, but the detail, so silly, is that the SmartConsole, asks me (it seems to be mandatory), to enter a DESCRIPTION to that publication or installation that I am going to do, hahahaha.

It has not happened to me before, in other environments.
It's something curious this time, haha 😄

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats generic setting that you can check, I believe it says that every session needs to have a description.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I pasted below what I was referring to.

Andy

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events