cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasHo
Explorer

Error compiling IPv6 flavor

Hello,

I try to change and upgrade a 4400 /R77.30 (Build 204) cluster to 3600 /R81.10 (Build 335) cluster.

Central Management is a Open server R81.10 (Build 335).

When I try to change the standby node (Change the Model, Version and Interfaces) I get the following error when I install the policy:

- Error compiling IPv6 flavor.

- Operation ended with errors.

When I go back to the old cluster node with R77.30 I can install the policy (with old paramters) correctly. 

I can't find anything to resolve this problem in the Knowledgebase or Internet.

Does somebody has any idea?

Thomas

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What does the following CLI command show on the old & new devices:

"show ipv6-state"

Alternately please check your custom VPN settings per sk108357: scenario 1.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Explorer

On both machines: IPv6 is disabled.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Noted please check your VPN configuration per the SK provided. There are subtle differences between versions that apply.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Please look into sk108357

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You got all good suggestions, for sure. Personally, I cant say I ever experienced this issue, though its been some time since I dealt with R77.30. Now, only thing is, and this is just my personal opinion, considering the file mentioned in the sk is on the management server, its possible that it changed with R80+ code, but not sure. I know that is certainly the case if you say have R81.10 mgmt and R80.40 gateways on R80.40.

If you verify the file and looks correct, I would contact TAC and get this fixed.

Alternatively, maybe give below a go:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Andy

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Mainly the path to where the file needs to be stored is different between gateway versions per sk98241. But you are correct there are other possible causes depending on the full/exact error seen.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Chris,

Maybe I said it wrong...what I meant was not the actual location of the file (I know the sk you mentioned), but more say if you have custom config in user.def.FW1 file (just as an example)...on R81+, I believe its all in user.def file, but say in R80.40 version it may had been in user.def.R8040CMP

So say if both mgmt and gateway are R81.10, then custom config would be in user.def.FW1 and if mgmt is R81.10, but gateway is R80.40, then it would be probably in user.def.R8040CMP

Andy

0 Kudos
ThomasHo
Explorer

Hello,

sorry for the delay but I was ill for few day's.

The problem is fixed!

I do two thing's together and I don't know which resolve the issue.

1. I convert the file "user.def.fw1" with "dos2unix" into unix format. (In earlier day's our management was a windows server)

2. I install the jumbo hotfix accumulator take 79 on the management server.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events