cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oscar_David_Gom
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicated objects

Hi, Is there a way for me to check duplicated, triplicated, etc. objects, but not for name but its configuration in some way? For example I have this:

The 10.169.1.0/24 network is twice but with different names, I would like to know if I can list all the objects that have the same parameters but different name, Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lari_Luoma
Ambassador Ambassador
Ambassador

Manually you can look this in object explorer. Put the IP-address or network in the Search-field and it will show all the objects with this IP. This is of course not very useful if you have a lot of objects you want to check. 

Check Point Professional Services has a tool to run a report of your policy and object database (including duplicate objects). You can also create an API script to look for the duplicate objects.

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

In case you are still using R77.30, it's just a mouse-click away:

Search > Network Objects > Duplicates

Maik
Advisor

There is also a python script available, which comes with the default example scripts for the python module regarding the management API:

cp_mgmt_api_python_sdk/find_duplicate_ip at master · CheckPointSW/cp_mgmt_api_python_sdk · GitHub 

But note that this one just lists only duplicate IP addresses and does not compare other parameters. But it's a starting point which could be advanced to also compare other parameters like tags etc.

0 Kudos
Ana_11
Participant

Hi  Maik,

This link is not valid to get the duplicate object. can u help. my environment is on R80.40

0 Kudos
Ana_11
Participant

Hi 

everytime i am running the code i am getting the following error. can u help

Enter server IP address or hostname:172.16.x.x

Enter username: admin
Attention! Your password will be shown on the screen!

Enter password: $$$$$$$
You currently do not have a record of this server's fingerprint.
Server's fingerprint: EE7442B5991900E66981D3D8B41CAC6CFBABD889

Do you accept this fingerprint? [y/n] y
Fingerprint saved.
Login failed:
APIResponse received a response which is not a valid JSON.

Saving data to debug file api_calls.json

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Anastasia\Documents\Python\find duplicate object.py", line 98, in <module>
main()

File "C:\Users\Anastasia\Documents\Python\find duplicate object.py", line 53, in main
exit(1)

NameError: name 'exit' is not defined

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events