cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moudar
Advisor

Create SIC with API

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to establish trust (SIC) between a gateway and SMS using API calls.

I've come across commands like reset-sic and test-sic, but I haven't found anything like add-sic or set-sic.

Am I overlooking something? Is it not possible to establish SIC through the API?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

That would be the "one-time-password" value pair of the add simple-gateway/cluster API call.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

In order to set the sic password, you should use the set-simple-gateway API with the one-time-password parameter:
https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/latest/APIs/#cli/set-simple-gateway~v1.9.1%20 

I just noticed in the documentation that the field does not have a proper description, which is probably why it was unclear how to use it. I'll ask the R&D team to update that.

Moudar
Advisor

How would the order of api commands look like:

new installed management server and adding new installed gateway to it

something like this?:

mgmt_cli -s sid.txt add simple-gateway name "$GATEWAY_NAME" ipv4-address "$GATEWAY_IP" one-time-password "Admin123" --format json > gateway_response.json

When i run that i get this:

message: "Installation failed. Reason: SIC is not initialized either at the Security Management Server or the peer [ SIC error no. 119 ] check that SIC is configured both on Security Management Server and peer, and that both have valid SIC certificates."

or this:

"sic-message" : "SIC Status: Unknown. Could not get SIC properties from peer object",
  "sic-status" : "unknown"

to solve this I had to run "cp_conf sic init Admin123" on the gateway manually before running my script!

What I miss here?

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

You used the management API which works as it names implies works on the management side. You still need to ensure the gateway are staged one way or the other.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Noy
Employee
Employee

First you need to set the sic password on the gateway side (using cp_conf).

Then, you need to set the sic password on the management side. The passwords must match.
This is what creates trust between the gateway and the management.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events