Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rober506
Explorer

Management Server gets into bash4.4 prompt

Hi I'm CP partner and I  want to get some information about what is the bash4.4 

I already had two support cases from customers where the management went into this mode(bash4.4# prompt) and the only way to get it back was by applying a reboot from the console. In the last case(currently open) this is becoming recurrent.

I want to know if can some info about:

What is it?

How can I get into this mode? (to try to replicate it in lab environment) 

What can cause this?

Unfortunately, I couldn't find too much info about this and I need to resolve and provide a root cause for this last customer.

This management is Smart-1 on-premise on R81.20 and take 54 applied 

Monosnap [#70766]_ Problema con Management - Googl.jpg

Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi @Rober506

I hope the screenshot is after log in, not just the reboot, right? Or does it go to bash 4.4 without a login? If the latter, open an urgent support call with TAC at once.

Otherwise, you want to look into sk181484 to see if it solves your issue. Although the SK is talking about RADIUS user, the mentioned procedure should also work for other admin accounts

0 Kudos
Rober506
Explorer

The screenshot is after login and it is almost necessary to connect by Console line because SSH is too low and the reboot is the Workaround until now. Another thing, this customer does not use a RADIUS Auth 

Checking with the customer the output of Cpview -t and it dies at 19:06:43 and gets back at 7:43:00 after the reboot. after checking the messages file y found some of these logs "cpd: Problems with getting output from pipe" looking into the sk's I found this one https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk153632 and I'm waiting for a new sesión with the customer to verify the other symptoms listed on the sk. 

Sabana.png

0 Kudos
Rober506
Explorer

Finally, we found several CPD zombie processes in an HCP output file and the sk153632  didn't apply, so I opened an SR, and CP told me about a known issue and it got resolved by applying a wrapper or applying the JHF take 70 for R1.20. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

So was the original issue fixed after jumbo 70 install?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Usually you see that in maintenance mode. If you reboot, should go to regular mode.

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This can also help.

Andy

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Showing-bash-instead-of-name-as-Expert-When-op...

just change admin privilege to expert mode -> chsh -s /bin/bash admin (or whatever admin name is)

You can always change it later -> chsh -s /etc/cli.sh admin

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events