Hello everyone 😀
I find often that the license status in R80.x is inaccurate. Is this a common/known problem?
Today I have the latest example of this. The customer has renewed NGTX. I've updated the contract on all servers, and depending where you look you get differing statuses.
As far as I know in R80.20 there are 3 places to check the license status. These are:
- Manage Licenses & Packages (aka - SmartUpdate) (from where I updated the contract)
- Gateway summary - Device & License Information
- CLI - #cplic print
I would expect these to all line up perfectly.
But they don't.
I updated the contract file yesterday, and by way of example with one of the clusters, one member in #cplic print shows the updated renewal date 1 AUG 2020. The other cluster member still showed the old date of 1 AUG 2019. As I have the magic tick box ticked which automatically checks and updates I thought I'd leave it over night and check this morning. Today that member is up-to-date. Great! But there is still a problem...
To illustrate this I have some screenshots from the aforementioned cluster member.
1) #cplic print. Notice all blades are good until 1Aug2020 - including the URLF blade.
2) SmartUpdate. Again, notice all blades are good until 1Aug2020 - including the URLF blade.
All good so far!
3) the Status view from SmartConsole show some blades updated, and others not. So what's going on??
When I go to install the policy I get the same warnings... highlighting the URLF blade again as one example.
So, any ideas why SmartConsole still moans about contracts about to expire, when SmartUpdate is up-to-date, and the gateway has the up-to-date contract on it? Where is SmartConsole looking for this info? It obviously isn't the same place SmartUpdate references.