Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Pike
Participant

Collecting and Reporting Application Data

I am new to 80.10.  When looking at reports I am a little lost on creating one.  I would like to capture and have a report that details all application data.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It's not clear what you mean by "All Application Data."

The more details you can provide about the data you want in your report, the better.

0 Kudos
Jim_Pike
Participant

I would like to collect all application traffic so I know our top applications. because I don't think I am getting what I want.  And then if there is a place I can see videos or tutorials to create the report.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For top applications, you don't even need to generate a report.

Refer to the attached screenshot.

Depending on how you've constructed your policy, you may not be getting information about the applications in use logged.

Rules that accept the traffic should be configured with Detailed Log or Extended Log set and Log Generation configured with "Per Session" 

You reach the above screen by right-clicking on the Track column.

As far as a video to show how to create a report in SmartEvent R80.10, I can check, but I don't think we have anything ready-made at the moment.

Jim_Pike
Participant

Thank you.  I will try this.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you can give me an idea of what you want to see in your reports long term, I can see about including it in a video tutorial in the future.

0 Kudos
Ben_Hudson1
Explorer

I have a similar question to Jim regarding creating new reports. I am in need of setting up something that will show the host and destination IP address and all SMBv1 traffic travelling through a network. I would just like to know how to set this up. I can search the reports for the specified protocol, but it will not provide the IP addresses. I am assuming that once I know how to do this, I should be able to apply it to all other report creating. Any help that you can provide would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

In either SmartView or Logs & Monitor in SmartConsole, click on the +.

Then select New > Report.

Create a report of Type Access Control, call it whatever you want (in this case, I chose SMB).

Then on the second page of the report, click Add Widget > Table.

Create a Logs table with the following fields (you can add others, of course):

Then click on the Filter (funnel-looking) icon and do the following:

You should get a report that shows you SMBv1 traffic.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events