Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrew-OCD
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cleaning old licenses after migration from SMS to MDSM

Dear CheckMates,

I have migrated an old R80.40 SMS and all of it's gateway clusters to an new R81.10 MDSM domain.

Now it came time to renew the licenses so I decided to do a clean up of all the old licenses in the system.

However, this isn't working for me.

Each Gateway has the correct central license with the IP of the DMS.

In the SmartUpdate I try to clear out all the old licenses but they will not detach, delete, etc...

I have tried searching and not been able to find any good links to suggestions on how to fix this situation.

Does anybody have any suggestions how I can get this system cleaned?

Best regards

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Dear Check Mates,

The solution in the end was applying the latest JHF 81 which caused a restart of the MDSM and suddenly all the correct licenses were appearing to be linked to the correct devices.

I was also able to remove all the old legacy contracts. Not 100% sure if it was the reboot or the hotfix that made the difference but it is all sorted now.

Best regards

Andrew

View solution in original post

5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

What error do you get when trying to delete those licences from smart update? Maybe try remove the expired contracts first and see if that makes a difference. There is also a section in guidbedit for smart update, but I would be a little reserved to remove any of those.

0 Kudos
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Thanks for the advice.

All the expired contracts have been removed successfully.

There is actually no error message when I try to delete the licenses.

In the operation status screen at the bottom I see the "Delete contract" Operations being successfully completed but I do not see anything when I try to delete the "Unattached" licenses.

There is no error being presented at all.

I have tried deleting at both the MDS and the DMS level but neither works.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

When I try to unattach an old license on the DMS level I get the error "Operation failed" but no explanation of why.

0 Kudos
Andrew-OCD
Contributor

Dear Check Mates,

The solution in the end was applying the latest JHF 81 which caused a restart of the MDSM and suddenly all the correct licenses were appearing to be linked to the correct devices.

I was also able to remove all the old legacy contracts. Not 100% sure if it was the reboot or the hotfix that made the difference but it is all sorted now.

Best regards

Andrew

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Excellent work, thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events