Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misj2
Explorer
Jump to solution

Checkpoint Log server Upgrade R81 to R81.50

Hi All,

I have an R81 LogServer server I need to upgrade to R81.20 but the verfication check give me this error ,  do I proceed ?

R81.20 Security Management + JHF T84 for Appliances and Open Servers

Clean Install:
Installation is allowed.
Upgrade:
The following results are not compatible with the package:

- Machine's configuration is 'LogServer'

- Machine's configuration is 'Secondary'

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The basic process using this case is the same as using the blink image (using CPUSE).
You will be able to install JHF 84 after you upgrade to R81.20…which will require another reboot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Note that secondary log servers can only be upgraded after the primary has been done.
Also, it may be that you have to use the non-Blink image to do the upgrade in this case (necessitating installing JHF 84 as a second step).

0 Kudos
misj2
Explorer

The primary has been upgraded to 81.20 already ,  the verification was taken on log server straight after.   

Will the blink version fail ?   

What is the link for non blink version please ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

They are listed as the bottom of sk173903 under "Additional Downloads and Products."
I believe this is what you're looking for (offline CPUSE package): https://support.checkpoint.com/results/download/124401 

misj2
Explorer

I will try the blink package first and if that fails then the manual or best to do manual only ?  is there a step by step guide to install manual ? 

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The basic process using this case is the same as using the blink image (using CPUSE).
You will be able to install JHF 84 after you upgrade to R81.20…which will require another reboot.

0 Kudos
(1)
misj2
Explorer

The blink image installed as new image but server came up as a primary instead of secondary.   Had to install new image R81.20 and then install JHF 84 like you say.   Took 4 hours as the first installed had to be reverted from snapshot.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would get the file from the link Phoneboy provided, its the right one.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events