Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D_TK
Collaborator

Change gateway management to different interface

Hello everyone.  I have an R80.20 cluster that is currently being managed  via its external interface over the internet.  When this cluster was installed, the internal MPLS interface hadn't been installed yet, so we set management to  the only reachable address.

At a later point, MPLS was installed there, and now management can reach it over the private address.  It seems straightforward to move management to the other interface - 3 changes:

Cluster IP & both member IPs.

Am i missing anything - i assume sic doesn't need resetting.

thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

I would be carefull with changing the Cluster Object IP, as that is used for multiple purposes, hide behind cluster is one of them.
You should only need to change the 2 member IP's and make sure routing on the gateways is set properly towards the management server, however If you can reach the management server over MPLS, is it using RCF1918 IP addressing? If so then from a gateway perspective the IP of management is changing as well.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
D_TK
Collaborator

Yes, the cluster can get to management via the MPLS interface or external internet interface.  Management is addressed with a private IP, but has a public NAT - and that's why i want to make this change so i can eliminate the NAT on management.

If i understand you correctly, you're saying to keep the cluster IP the VIP on the external interface, and change each gateway IPs to their physical on the MPLS interface?  Would a sic refresh be required?  And it looks like there is cpd_amon traffic from the management (NAT IP) to the cluster VIP - so it doesn't look like i still would be able to remote the NAT?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events