cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Can not install the latest Smart Dashboard on Windows 10

I am unable to install the latest R80.10 Smart Dashboard on my PC. I used to have it working, but uninstalled it.

I've downloaded the latest build from Support Center AND a working, updated management station, but after telling it's uncompressing the installation files, it stops without error messages, the process just disappears. I tried multiple times, Run as Admin, compatibility troubleshoot etc, rebooted, shut down, restarted PC etc, but still same issue. I'm on the move so couldn't check on another station, but I wonder if it's a known problem? My PC runs ZoneAlarm (tried with turning it off) and is a completely patched and up to date Windows 10 Pro system. It's the first time I reinstall SD after having it uninstalled it, so I wonder if it's not a leftover issue?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Nüüül
Advisor

Have you had a Look at the Windows Events?

try to Download and use the installer from Management Server

Daniel

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Daniel,

I tried both versions, the one found in the Support Centre, and the one directly downloaded from the GAIA management station.

I have this in the events logs, although it's the first time I uninstall/Reinstall the dashboard, I guess it didn't go well and might have to make a Windows reset on my laptop.

Application: SmartConsoleWrapperGui.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32, System.String)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryOptions)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String)
at ComponentLibrary.InstallComponentsContainer.SetRegistryPath()
at ComponentLibrary.InstallComponentsContainer..ctor()
at SmartConsole.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at SmartConsole.App.Main()

0 Kudos
Nüüül
Advisor

Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32, System.String)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKeyInternal(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck, System.Object, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryOptions)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String, Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKeyPermissionCheck)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(System.String)
at ComponentLibrary.InstallComponentsContainer.SetRegistryPath()
at ComponentLibrary.InstallComponentsContainer..ctor()
at SmartConsole.MainWindow..ctor()

this sounds to me, that the installer was not able to set some registry settings for any reason....

Did a bit googling. The most I found were related to .NET Framework. Maybe the 1st Answer on this helps (.net verifier):

.Net Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled excep... 

Or you´d check, if there are some orphaned registry entries from the previous SmartConsole installation

Daniel

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You may want to try the Portable edition of SmartConsole, which does not require installation.

See: Portable SmartConsole for R80.x 

Note that by manually installing the prerequisites for Portable SmartConsole manually, it may also allow the regular SmartConsole to install successfully.

Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

Hi, I recommend that you open a support ticket for this so that a root cause analysis can be made and have a fix for you as well as a software update for everyone. 

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

I didn't think it would go up to TAC as I thought it was a user-localized issue, but I will anyway open a case and see what comes out. If it can lead to some fix for the community, it's even better.

Thanks for the suggestion. In any case I had this issue right before leaving the customer and am using today another laptop, thank you all for the replies.

0 Kudos
Tomer_Sole
Mentor
Mentor

We'd like our users to avoid getting exceptions... 

0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

I concur --> case open!

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Did you try right-click on installation file and select Run as Administrator ?

My next suggestion would be to create new Windows account (administrator rights) and try it from there.

And one more suggestion - Delete all files and folders located within following paths:

C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Check Point

C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole

As last steps - run CCleaner and clean-up old registry keys.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

So in the end, it worked by booting Windows 10 in Safe Mode. Not the most user-friendly solution but it did the trick.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events