Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seanxie
Explorer

Can I downgrade R80.30 to R80.20?

Due to some reasons, we need to downgrade a new device with R80.30 to R80.20. After reading through the R80.30 release notes, I couldn't find anything on roll-back. There are no tech notes on Checkpoint's website regarding R80.30 downgrade. What I can found is the downgrade from R80.20 to R80.10.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

If it is a new device, you can re-install in with R80.20. Get Installation and upgrade guide for R80.20 and look into Installation chapter for the options.

If you want to move your existing management server from R80.30 to R80.20, then, I am afraid, it is not possible.

0 Kudos
seanxie
Explorer

Thanks for answering this question.
0 Kudos
MartinTzvetanov
Advisor

Management or Gateway? 

If it's a management and is a CheckPoint device which was upgraded from 80.20 to 80.30, during the upgrade procedure it's creating a Snapshot. You can see it in the Web GUI of the management under Snapshots and you can revert to it. If it was firstly installed with 80.30 I'm not aware of such downgrade procedure. It the policy was extracted from another management with lower version, you can preinstall the new device with 80.20 and play with the policy and import.

If it's a gateway, just run show configuration and take the output and preinstall the device with 80.20 and import the configuration.

It it's a standalone installation you should check both procedures described above.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events