Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sreingardt
Contributor
Jump to solution

CDT 1.9.3 filtering

Hi guys,

I hope you can help me with a question about the CDT filter option.

The use of the command is explained in the CDT documentation, but I don't understand if I need to use the -filter argument in both commands, the -generate command and the -execute command.

In the demo video on Youtube to CDT, the filter was applied to both commands, but if I filter the installation candidates list file, do I need to repeat the filtering during the execution of the deployment plan?
Or maybe I can decide where to apply the filter argument?

Unfortunately it is not clear from the description if I have a choice or if the workflow is fixed.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.

Regards Sascha

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sreingardt
Contributor

Hi,

I found the solution while using the CDT and I would like to share my observation with the other readers of this thread.

You need to use the filter argument in both commands, -generate and -execute. CDT creates the inventory in both runs and checks it against the filter. If you don't use the filter in one of the runs, you will get an error message due to the different installation candidates list file.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hey there, according to sk111158, 1.9.4 is the latest version. Did you already read through the admin guide?

0 Kudos
sreingardt
Contributor

Hey _Val_,

yes, you are right. I am one step behind the latest version, but I have read the admin guide for 1.9.4 and my questions are still the same. The workflow has not changed since 1.9.3.

Thank you.

Regards Sascha

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yet, in seems the answer in right there, by the link I gave you, quoting from the admin guide:

Syntax for the 'start' commands:

start cdt
      execute
            deployment-plan "<Name of Deployment Plan File>"
                  candidates-list "<Name of Installation Candidates List File>"
                        server <IP Address or Name of Domain Management Server>
      generate-candidates
            deployment-plan "<Name of Deployment Plan File>"
                  filter <Path to and Name of Filter File>

Do I miss anything? If you try following the example, does it work for you as dscribed?

0 Kudos
sreingardt
Contributor

Hey _Val_,

ah ok, I missed the information about the clish commands. I looked at the commands and information in the operations mode section (limiting the execution of a deployment plan file) of the admin guide, which states:

2. When you generate the Installation Candidates List File, specify the Filter File:

./CentralDeploymentTool -generate -candidates=<Path to and Name of Installation Candidates List File>.csv -deploymentplan=<Path to and Name of Deployment Plan File>.xml -filter=<Path to and Name of Filter File>

3. When you run the Deployment Plan File, specify the Filter File:

./CentralDeploymentTool -execute -candidates=<Path to and Name of Installation Candidates List File>.csv -deploymentplan=<Path to and Name of Deployment Plan File>.xml -filter=<Path to and Name of Filter File>

The workflow is clearer in your code example, but it seems that you can use the filter in both commands in the CLI and you can decide where to filter the the gateways for execution.

I hope it became clear why I asked the question when to use the filter argument.

0 Kudos
sreingardt
Contributor

Hi,

I found the solution while using the CDT and I would like to share my observation with the other readers of this thread.

You need to use the filter argument in both commands, -generate and -execute. CDT creates the inventory in both runs and checks it against the filter. If you don't use the filter in one of the runs, you will get an error message due to the different installation candidates list file.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events